3 BB internet

lavender19

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their speed at the moment?

I changed from TOT last year and up until a few weeks ago I was quite happy with 3BB but then the download speed is all over the place.

Especially in the evening from about 6.00 onwards. Most nights I am lucky to get get 1 Mb.

I have contacted them but I may as-well talk to the wall in front of me. They have not even sent anyone to check.

Just interested in your opinions before I call again or even god forbid go back to TOT.

Last time I called I asked her if this was anything to do with the government trying out their single gateway.

She went very quiet and just rambled on with the bulk same answers from the script.

Cheers

I use 3BB and am experiencing no problems !

Whereabouts are you ?

But are you using a proxy? That can make a difference in my experience.

I only use a proxy to access sites such as the BBC iPlayer.

For the majority of usage I find access to be faster without the proxy.

speeds from the server to you are usually at the stated rate, it is the speed from the server to the world wide web that is slow, My speeds drop below 1mbps at times yet the speed tests shows that to the server only is at a much greater speed(40mbps), it is simply high use lag. The thai connections are pretty poor to say the least going out of/into Thailand from the web, not much you can do about it unless they decide to update and fix their gateway to the world.

Maybe this is relevent to your OP

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871024-would-this-router-be-ok-to-replace/

In other words yes there are people having problems with 3BB and their lack ofr truthfulness as well as their lack of signal.

As far as ther support cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just cost me 1450 Baht for a new router I didnt need in the first place and a lot of hasssle configering the new router they advised me to buy but then woulnt configure becasue I DIDNT BUY IT FROM THEM!

In other words yes there are people having problems with 3BB and their lack ofr truthfulness as well as their lack of signal.

Just cost me 1450 Baht for a new router I didnt need in the first place and a lot of hasssle configering the new router they advised me to buy but then woulnt configure becasue I DIDNT BUY IT FROM THEM!

I have had 3BB for several years in Ubon; always had good support. On the rare occasions I have had internet problems I have always got through to an English speaker, and technicians arrived when necessary same day and sorted things out. Bought my own router on two occasions and they came to set up for me,. no problem.

Previous forum threads have also mentioned good 3BB service, so I am not alone.

I have had 3BB for several years in Ubon; always had good support. On the rare occasions I have had internet problems I have always got through to an English speaker, and technicians arrived when necessary same day and sorted things out. Bought my own router on two occasions and they came to set up for me,. no problem.

With respect Ubon is not Pattaya and it doesnt matter one iota in hell how many threads and how many people are getting good service from 3bb, the fact is that they told me porkies and caused me to buy a router that in fact I didnt need.

Are you implying by mentioning these other irrelevent peole who are getting good service that I am inventing my poor experiences with 3bb

I have 3BB in Pattaya. Sometimes a little sluggish, but no real problems. Changed from TOT about 5 or 6 years ago, TOT was just endless problems & frustration.

When I've had to call them, I've always found 3BB helpful and, when necessary, they sent someone out by the next day at the latest.

A couple of years ago they said the problem was with the cable inside the building ... I'm on the 15th floor. I had my doubts, but I had the man in our building who does such things replace the cable from the 3BB connection on the ground floor up to my condo. They were right. Instant major improvement and since then the service has been pretty reliable and problem-free.

It does depend a lot on your location, not only from one city to another, but even within the same city. I know some people who think TOT is great and who were less than pleased with 3BB, all of them in Pattaya too.

Edited by Suradit69

With respect Ubon is not Pattaya and it doesnt matter one iota in hell how many threads and how many people are getting good service from 3bb, the fact is that they told me porkies and caused me to buy a router that in fact I didnt need.

Are you implying by mentioning these other irrelevent peole who are getting good service that I am inventing my poor experiences with 3bb

I'm not implying you are inventing your problems. However, where did you state you are in Pattaya? All I saw was a criticism of 3BB in total, so I responded.

When I've had to call them, I've always found 3BB helpful and, when necessary, they sent someone out by the next day at the latest.

A couple of years ago they said the problem was with the cable inside the building ... I'm on the 15th floor. I had my doubts, but I had the man in our building who does such things replace the cable from the 3BB connection on the ground floor up to my condo. They were right. Instant major improvement and since then the service has been pretty reliable and problem-free.

I also find 3BB service to be prompt (always next day) when needed.

As for the poor cabling inside condos, I suspect that many problems are down to this. When repairing/altering phone lines the "technician" in my building just twists the stripped ends of the wires together with his fingers rather than using proper phone line connectors like this:

MG_4924.jpg

The advantage of the above connectors is that the cable does not need to be stripped before use and at no time does the copper come in contact with corrosive sweat on fingers. Also in my building they always use the cheapest possible phone cable.

3BB techs have a device that can tell them to the metre where most line faults are, and mine are almost invariably inside the building.

Have 3BB in my house in BKK for 2 years and have been perfect from Day 1.

One issue once and they were out immediately to sort it out, upgraded to ta wifi router and they were out that day to set it all up.

Great service and great product. Never get slowness.