New Benelli Leoncino - Scrambler

JayRider

post-225850-0-95913700-1447928817_thumb.

Benellis latest offering for 2016, revealed at EICMA. The Leoncino, powered by a 499.6cc, liquid-cooled, parallel twin-cylinder engine. Max power 46.9 BHP @ 8,500 rpm, max torque 45 Nm @ 4,500 rpm, chain drive, 6 speed gearbox. Up side down front forks, rear monoshock, Dual 320 mm disc brakes at front and single 260 mm disc brake at rear. ABS standard.

Atrocious radiator.

Is this a Street bike., or crossover dirt bike , retro, mainly manly...not sure.

Front fender looks tight for dirt bike, same as Ben's adventure bike.

Otherwise, cool.

Guys over 30 don't ride dirt much, do they?

Just another papa theory.

Edited by papa al

Atrocious radiator.

Is this a Street bike., or crossover dirt bike , retro, mainly manly...not sure.

Front fender looks tight for dirt bike, same as Ben's adventure bike.

Otherwise, cool.

Guys over 30 don't ride dirt much, do they?

Just another papa theory.

Only on Koh Samet, when you have no other choice.

Maybe the radiator could be "cowled in" a bit , or made longer / slimmer , as it does rather detract from the overall beauty. BSJ , its made in Pesaro - Italy , see the other Benelli adventure thread. Another great bike to take on the "established" brands. How much are the Triumph and Ducati scramblers ?.

Maybe the radiator could be "cowled in" a bit , or made longer / slimmer , as it does rather detract from the overall beauty. BSJ , its made in Pesaro - Italy , see the other Benelli adventure thread. Another great bike to take on the "established" brands. How much are the Triumph and Ducati scramblers ?.

The radiator could be changed....and the mudguard lifted....but can I afford it! Living in the sticks, as I do, it would be a great choice as a daily ride.

does look good however I can't find anything that says where it is made,yes it is designed in Italy but that doesn't mean it's built there.where have you seen that its built in Italy or is it just a wild guess spreading wrong info as so many of your other posts.

Im not 100% sure , but in the first video kindly supplied by Martinluka , it appears there are two different bikes / exhausts. Have a close look at 1:01 and 1:06. Its not unusual to display a "pre-production" bike at some early shows. Maybe answers the rear end concerns. Once one has viewed the videos , the radiator now appears much better blended in. The twin radial Brembo front brakes may be too much for the tire. The roaring Benelli lion on the front fender is a lovely touch.

Thumbs up for up for this Leoncino,( lion cub) If I would buy one I would replace the knobbies for something more road orientated ( pirelli scorpion)

Like others: curious if it comes on sale in Thailand and at what price.

not much to see but this is the factory's teaser:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9crkYBUKGk&feature=player_embedded

• 2 months later...

What's it for? There are load of these bikes coming along, so that what, you can do a ton up on a dirt road?.........who, where, what, how?..Is it some kind of laxative...and how long is that rad going to last?

What has the world come to when the Italians copy the Japs riding around on those tyres, time to buy a bicycle?

...if anyone ever reports seeing one go these with mud all over it,

papa will be surprised.

and not for papa

cause of he falls when scrambling

and would hate to frog up such a purty spensive thang.

replacing that radiator prolly would cost more than my whole bike is worth.

[am i being too negative, sorry.]