Two Caddies killed in hit-and-run road crash in East Pattaya

webfact

BTW, why doesn't the police put up a standard bounty for catching drivers that fled the scene of a serious accident?

I'm sure there have been witnesses to the accident, at least the vehicles right behind the truck have seen it happen.

If I had seen the accident, I would have followed the truck in my car, written down its license plate and asked any passenger to phone the police.

So my proposal is for the police to put up a bounty of, say, 15.000 baht to be paid to persons who provide the decisive information to locate drivers who fled the scene of a serious accident.

Edited by manarak

BTW, why doesn't the police put up a standard bounty for catching drivers that fled the scene of a serious accident?

I'm sure there have been witnesses to the accident, at least the vehicles right behind the truck have seen it happen.

If I had seen the accident, I would have followed the truck in my car, written down its license plate and asked any passenger to phone the police.

U

So my proposal is for the police to put up a bounty of, say, 15.000 baht to be paid to persons who provide the decisive information to locate drivers who fled the scene of a serious accident.

A "Bounty" is a good idea to us.......sadly if we suggest anything here we will be regarded as foreign meddlers

I often think Thai authorities could do themselves a favour, by reading Farang comments (and advice) that gets posted on Thaivisa

There do not seem to be laws in thailand that encourage the severe punishment of hit and run cowards like in the West. So, the police do seem quite indifferent to it. Perhaps it is a mechanism that allows people to save face instead of take responsibility for a tragedy they created? Saving face has got to be the greatest act of weakness a person can engage in. What a lack of character it demonstrates. What a load of crap.

That's terrible, RIP .

Scum drivers of Thailand, despicable behaviour.

The sad Sakdina truth is that nobody will go out of their way to prosecute this horrendous crime and excuses will be made for the driver's behavior because he had to save face. RIP

And saving face is basically a crime to the heart and soul of man. It is the utter and complete refusal to look within for the source of the problem. Face is the opposite of Buddhist teachings. It is a travesty on every level. It holds society and the individual back. It is socially retarded behavior.

There is a new Road to the Rayong industrial areas in the planning specifically for HGVs

Hopefully HGVs will then be banned from the 36 Road, which should make travelling on that highway better.

I understand that the compulsory purchase notices are already being served

Edited by DD13