Renovation/Development Is Even Pushing Naklua Germans Out Of Comfort Zones

morrobay

Along Naklua rd at about Soi 27 there used to be a large open front/air restaurant where the Germans would sit all day.

The place was always full. Just noticed it is being renovated into a fast coffee/food type place with the giant name letters in front ala .Mcdonalds.

Atmosphere around here is going fast.

Edited by morrobay

I suspect that you mean Anton's. It was discussed a month or two back. I went there a few times for the buffet which was OK and fair value without being remarkable, but it was a shame to see it go as it was unique in what it provided, at least as far as I know. It has relocated to another soi nearby but without the buffet. I dare say the German beer drinkers have gone to the new location.

Surely no one needs more overpriced chain restaurants and hi-so eateries?

Not only Anton moved away.

Seems like the whole stretch from the roundabout uphill shall be "transformed".

When contracts expire throw the old renters out or simply rise the rent sky-high.

As some Chinese (former Russian) mass quarters are close there might be completely different views in the future tongue.png

I suspect that you mean Anton's. It was discussed a month or two back. I went there a few times for the buffet which was OK and fair value without being remarkable, but it was a shame to see it go as it was unique in what it provided, at least as far as I know. It has relocated to another soi nearby but without the buffet. I dare say the German beer drinkers have gone to the new location.

Kiss food is an overpriced hi-so eatery?

Kiss food is an overpriced hi-so eatery?

For the typical pattaya t-v poster yes ?

Well from the looks of the tourists in this town from the masses on tour to most of the others, walking around in a daze smoking cigarettes

they should be as happy as pigs in ++++ with another chain restaurant.

Another question is are there enough tourists to support more restaurants That includes malls like the one under construction on Beach rd between Soi 6 and 5.

Then that large reconstruction across from Fairfax on Pattaya Tai continuous around corner on Second rd.

Edited by morrobay

Kiss own the building where Antons was and it was Kiss prior to Antons... The impression I get of the roundabout area is that it will all go and so Kiss moving now is a smart idea.

However the gentrification of Naklua Rd will continue. You have Coffee Club and Bon Cafe already and some of the restaurants on the beach side are more hi-so than what was there before. Hope fully the Herman places on the side Soi like 33 and 31 will still thrive. And the little tent shacks down by Lumpini.