Looking for a mechanic or workshop to inspect a used car?

madhav

I am looking to purchase a used car, it is a nissan cefiro with many modifications. I want to get someone with mechanical knowledge to inspect it before purchasing it. Just in case it has any problems.

Anyone know a mechanic, someone or some place that could do it? Happy to pay the person 1000 baht for their time, which should not take more than 20 mins so a pretty good deal for them.

The car is located in Ban Chang District, Rayong, 20 mins from the airport that serves Pattaya. Perhaps I could ask the owner to drive the car to meet at a workshop.

Can be a Thai person or a foreigner as I can have someone to translate.

Was hoping to go check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Madhav

This is a post I saved when I also was looking for a mechanic. I used Khun Sakda for about 3 years and was always satisfied with his work. He kept a POS VW running in top condition.

I highly recommend him. Don't know if he can get to you "today" but he is excellent.

"A few months ago I gave details here about an excellent mechanic here in Pattaya. I have used his services for the past five years and have found his work excellent and he charges foreigners the same as Thais. Since his workplace is some distance out of town he will come to you, leave his vehicle and take yours away. He also speaks reasonable English. Last week a friend of mine wanted to purchase a used car so he called this mechanic to check it out for him. He arrived on time and my friend was most impressed by the service. The mechanic was happy with the 1,000 baht payment. Since we have all been ripped off from time to time I am placing this information as a means of assisting people with finding someone who is honest and reliable. I do not receive any commission from him.
His name is Khun Sakda and his number is 081715819."

This is a post I saved when I also was looking for a mechanic. I used Khun Sakda for about 3 years and was always satisfied with his work. He kept a POS VW running in top condition.

I highly recommend him. Don't know if he can get to you "today" but he is excellent.

"A few months ago I gave details here about an excellent mechanic here in Pattaya. I have used his services for the past five years and have found his work excellent and he charges foreigners the same as Thais. Since his workplace is some distance out of town he will come to you, leave his vehicle and take yours away. He also speaks reasonable English. Last week a friend of mine wanted to purchase a used car so he called this mechanic to check it out for him. He arrived on time and my friend was most impressed by the service. The mechanic was happy with the 1,000 baht payment. Since we have all been ripped off from time to time I am placing this information as a means of assisting people with finding someone who is honest and reliable. I do not receive any commission from him.

His name is Khun Sakda and his number is 081715819."

I have used him for years , really good thumbsup.gif