BCAA and Glutamine for sustaining muscles while slimming?

onlycw

Just lift weights to minimize muscle loss. I did hear that BCAA helps but you can get it from normal foods. The only time they use it is during fasted training.

And i used BCAA and also could not get rid of the taste capsules would help but are more expensive.

My advice lift weights during your weight loss program to limit muscle loss.

Just lift weights to minimize muscle loss. I did hear that BCAA helps but you can get it from normal foods. The only time they use it is during fasted training.

And i used BCAA and also could not get rid of the taste capsules would help but are more expensive.

My advice lift weights during your weight loss program to limit muscle loss.

+1

If Glutamine helps at all is in doubt.

BCAA are no wonder medicine. I guess most of it is just placebo. If you eat 1 week 30-60 min before weight lifting it might do the same as the BCAAs.

So heavy weight lifting, not too long and afterwards some protein shake and high protein food and the muscles will grow and the fat (considering you eat clean and not too much) will melt away. The help of BCAA is small only, specially on the beginning.

More important is that you cut out all kind of junk food, get enough protein, enough vitamins, if you reduce fat you should look to get the essential fatty acids (but I wouldn't reduce fat, I would reduce the carbohydrates).

don't overdo it....on the beginning, you maybe can loose 2 kg per week, but beside beginning (depending on how overweight you are as more as faster you can go on the beginning) don't do more than 0.5-1 kg per week, else you'll loose a lot of muscle (you want to loose the fat not the muscles).

For any questions/problems just ask....lot of people with lots of experience in loosing weight. Others may tell that it is impossible or speak about some magic pills but many people here were successful...Robblok, Kitsune, myself, even JT.

Exercise and healthy food choices....that's all that's needed.

That is true! thumbsup.gif

But what is healthy food? Ask Robblok and Kitsune and you have war, because they have complete different ideas. And many if not most people think Thai food is healthy, would drop the steak and instead it eat some food with white rice, sugar, palm oil and MSG.

And what are good exercises? make cardio, make weight training, make yoga?

So while it is complete true it is not helpful for many people, because they simply don't know. Additionally the industry tries to sell magic pills and suggest you can't loose weight or stop smoking without spending lots of money.

I think i can agree with Kitsume that unprocessed foods are better as processed ones.

We just have a difference of opinion about carbs. But in case of an obese person cutting carbs low is good as they are probably insulin sensitive

yes on the processed food I agree with her.

On the carbs I don't but I acknowledge, that it did work for her, I believe she didn't lie so it did work.

I hold it with Mao: what works works. And for and older woman it might be different than for a muscle crazy man in the mid life crises.

Or even it might not matter much as long as you keep out the processed junk and we are here beatdeadhorse.gif

I think i can agree with Kitsume that unprocessed foods are better as processed ones.

We just have a difference of opinion about carbs. But in case of an obese person cutting carbs low is good as they are probably insulin sensitive

yes on the processed food I agree with her.

On the carbs I don't but I acknowledge, that it did work for her, I believe she didn't lie so it did work.

I hold it with Mao: what works works. And for and older woman it might be different than for a muscle crazy man in the mid life crises.

Or even it might not matter much as long as you keep out the processed junk and we are here beatdeadhorse.gif

Sure what works works and i also don't think she lied.

There some brands of protein sold on Lazada that are said to contain lots of bcca's. Just buy a small amount to sample before you commit to a large bottle. I somewhat naively bought two 2.5 kg jars that I ended up throwing away last year. Now I bring my protein with me from Japan. There's never a problem returning something to Amazon Japan if you don't like it and the normal delivery time to your house is within 24 hours after the time that you order it - sometimes 36 hours and all with no extra fee.

There some brands of protein sold on Lazada that are said to contain lots of bcca's. Just buy a small amount to sample before you commit to a large bottle. I somewhat naively bought two 2.5 kg jars that I ended up throwing away last year. Now I bring my protein with me from Japan. There's never a problem returning something to Amazon Japan if you don't like it and the normal delivery time to your house is within 24 hours after the time that you order it - sometimes 36 hours and all with no extra fee.

I would be leery buying anything from Lazada (China?) for ingestion. Heck, you can't even trust vegetables from there.

For the uninitiated, what is BCAA?

They are the 3 essential amino acids that are in some proteins. Now yo7 can buy them extracted from the protein. This way you can take them without adding calories to your diet or without causing an insulin spike when you do fasted training.

IMHO the only real use is for fasted training otherwise take them in the form of the protein or protein powder much cheaper and better.