I am looking for high class condo to purchase in Pattaya.

VIPinthailand

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggest to contact developer MATRIX Pattaya regarding condo ART ON THE HILL Pratumnak Hill, Pattaya

Matrix built Park lane ,Paradise resort ,and Amazon ,all cheap nasty constructions.Any other great ideas from you ?

I suspect that his comment was sarcastic.

I can change the bed and get a very comfortable one with top bed sheets.

I m ready to spend over 2 millions for a five star room. my goal is to rent and when I have customers, I move to a cheap hotel. maybe I will get even 2 or 3 bed rooms and rent them on air B&B or booking. Com

Well, things could have changed a lot since I moved out of Pattaya a year ago but 2 Million Baht for even a 33 sqm size place is not 5 Star or Luxury. What you might be able to find is an upper floor with partial ocean view at a place like View Talay. I think the cheapest there was about 1.5 Million and with some luxury about 3 Million.

There are a lot of decent condos in Pattaya at your price range, but if you want luxury with upper floor and ocean view you will need to spend more. Much more! Perhaps double you price and still short of the best.

Plenty of condos for sale in Pattaya, as stated you could buy one and renovate it to your own high standard.

Although over 2 million is not considered top-end.

Noise is the big problem ,with most Condos .Walls being paper thin .What does help a lot is to fit a Scorpion door .Metal (but looks like wood ) sealed all around ,with about 5 mortice locking points .Makes your Condo more secure and blocks out noise from the Hallway area .

Plenty of condos for sale in Pattaya, as stated you could buy one and renovate it to your own high standard.

Although over 2 million is not considered top-end.

Noise is the big problem ,with most Condos .Walls being paper thin .What does help a lot is to fit a Scorpion door .Metal (but looks like wood ) sealed all around ,with about 5 mortice locking points .Makes your Condo more secure and blocks out noise from the Hallway area .

I was walking down one of the long corridors of a well known chain of condos in Pattaya and was amazed that most of the doors were extremely poorly fitting, badly hung. I could see light coming over the tops through large gaps. Many seem to leave their doors open when they are at home, presumably to get an air flow but it seems anti-social. The guy I was visiting was being subjected to plumbing repairs by his neighbour, awful racket.

My pet hate when i lived in a Condo ,was people leaving their Condo door open ,to get a true flow of air ,and not have to use the Aircon.Mainly Thais did this .Then you were subjected to noise and cooking smells from their unit .I did own my own Condo and solved most of the problem by fixing the door i mentioned .It cost around B15,000 with fitting etc but was worth it .

if Pattaya is not a quality destination, tell me why Amari hotel is fully booked as well the Marriott.

in my point of view, I think there are just too many crap hotels and not enough nice quality hotels.

I m ready to spend even more than 3 millions bahts for a top class room managed by a hotel. I would like a ROI of 5 percent at least

I'll give you a good reason "Points accumulated elsewhere" gets these rooms - 3Mill gets you the 2d floor.

Surely you must have servants who can help you find a 33 sqm,5 star condo in Pattaya.You must be joking!

I know of one 5 star condo for sale but it is 180sqm with private pool,if you have the money for it.

if you have to use the words "high class" something tells me you are less then what you want to live in .

I think I won't buy anything... there are less and less tourist (Chinese tourist are not real tourist, they are tour tourists)

I think maybe you wouldnt have enough baht to change the shape of a new wallet. Must have been dream time recently at happy hour at the bar right down the end of a small soi with tables out on the road

I think I won't buy anything... there are less and less tourist (Chinese tourist are not real tourist, they are tour tourists)

I think maybe you wouldnt have enough baht to change the shape of a new wallet. Must have been dream time recently at happy hour at the bar right down the end of a small soi with tables out on the road

Bar !!!,more than likely he is one of those characters drinking at a table outside 7/11 ,who can only dream of owning a Condo at Nirum Condominiumlol.

maybe I buy a cheap condo in a old building and I change it to a 5 stars condo with high quality floor and ceiling,

any idea?

I like this idea. Gut the place and do what you said but the problem is if its an old condo then the common areas could be pretty shabby

maybe I buy a cheap condo in a old building and I change it to a 5 stars condo with high quality floor and ceiling,

any idea?

I like this idea. Gut the place and do what you said but the problem is if its an old condo then the common areas could be pretty shabby

Old building = bad plumbing an electric, dodgy unreliable lifts, shabby corridors and entrance lobby, no security or minimal etc.

any idea?

It is called "Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Also dealing with the contractors would drive you mad.

Bad idea to buy a cheap condo in an old building and renovate it. As other posters have noted, an old building likely has bad wiring, plumbing, elevators, lobbies, hallways, pool, security, etc. In addition, older buildings usually lack the amenities that new condo complexes come with. Many renters these days want more than just a pool. If a condo is cheap in an old building, there's likely a reason, or many reasons. You get what you pay for. A much better option is buying wisely in a new or newer building in a good location. There are a number of good options out there in Pattaya--you just need to do your homework. Several I know of have rental offices on site so you can use them to rent your condo when you are not using it. My best advice is to avoid what I call Mom and Pop operations. They may disappear into the night. Look for large name brand Thai public companies that have reputations to maintain. No guarantees even there but I think you stand a better chance all things considered.

Actually if you look at old condo buildings here you will find both the best and the worst that Pattaya has to offer. Some are terrific, some are just terrifying. The difference is often related to the size of the units: the buildings with many small studio units tend to turn into ghettos for the impecunious of many nationalities, including Thais, whereas buildings with large units often seem to fare much better and have a much better class of resident.

Personally I can do without the wave machines and the water slides and the Spanish galleons and the fancy gyms offered by the newer places: these will soon turn into a massive money-pit that all co-owners will pay for for the benefit of a few tenants.

Bad idea to buy a cheap condo in an old building and renovate it. As other posters have noted, an old building likely has bad wiring, plumbing, elevators, lobbies, hallways, pool, security, etc. In addition, older buildings usually lack the amenities that new condo complexes come with. Many renters these days want more than just a pool. If a condo is cheap in an old building, there's likely a reason, or many reasons. You get what you pay for. A much better option is buying wisely in a new or newer building in a good location. There are a number of good options out there in Pattaya--you just need to do your homework. Several I know of have rental offices on site so you can use them to rent your condo when you are not using it. My best advice is to avoid what I call Mom and Pop operations. They may disappear into the night. Look for large name brand Thai public companies that have reputations to maintain. No guarantees even there but I think you stand a better chance all things considered.

Agreed.

Buying in an old building in Thailand is nothing like buying an old building in the West.

I would never do it.

Do you have any links/names or these rental offices? Do they rent by the month or by day?

I would like to have my own place in Pattaya. My gf works full time in Bangkok and Pattaya is only option for us to go due to proximity.

I mostly agree with Kittenkong and I would never buy or recommend a condo in one of the new 'theme park' condos being thrown up. Most are not in what I would call a good location and they are almost all 8 stories so no views to speak of. I don't need a Spanish galleon or a wave pool, either, but I do think a nice regular pool and a gym are pluses that benefit more than just a few owners and other things, such as a library, parking garage, sky lounge, etc. can be nice to have and might be attractive to potential tenants if you ever want to rent your condo.

is it the norm to have various thai hangers on around the place? I'm talking full time security, maintenance, cleaners, other. Sounds like an unnecessary drain to me.

Its cheap in most cases compared to the West especially for older Condos .It was a price i was happy to pay when i lived in a condo .Saying its an unnecessary drain ,beggers belief .Now i live in a house an pay B3000 a year for 24/7 security ,rubbish collection and street cleaning .In my Country Ireland rubbish collection alone would be B15,000 a year aprox .

is it the norm to have various thai hangers on around the place? I'm talking full time security, maintenance, cleaners, other. Sounds like an unnecessary drain to me.

It's common here to have three or four people to do one person's job, but as they are paid less it doesn't usually work out too expensive.

I think having a salon with drink and sandwich is nice. when you invite a friend, he can wait you there.

a normal swimming pool with a sauna /jacuzzi would be cool.

sport gym is a necessity.

what is not needed are the Giant pools , fake golf course, toboggan, wave machine. this is why I will never buy anything in these buildings like Park Lane....

Archived