I am looking for high class condo to purchase in Pattaya.

VIPinthailand

Anywhere in central Pattaya is not going to be quiet .Luxury units ,will not have the tiny size you mention .Go online an see whats available .Older buildings will have stronger walls and insulation between units .

I have never seen any impact or transmitted sound insulation in any older type building here

Not insulation as such but older buildings here have thicker stronger walls between units .Example i had a unit in the J.B.C Jomtien beach .There it was hard to drill a hole in the wall ,due to the cement used .Later i had a unit in the new at that time Park lane ,where putting a hole in the wall was like going through butter.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anywhere in central Pattaya is not going to be quiet .Luxury units ,will not have the tiny size you mention .Go online an see whats available .Older buildings will have stronger walls and insulation between units .

I have never seen any impact or transmitted sound insulation in any older type building here
Not insulation as such but older buildings here have thicker stronger walls between units .Example i had a unit in the J.B.C Jomtien beach .There it was hard to drill a hole in the wall ,due to the cement used .Later i had a unit in the new at that time Park lane ,where putting a hole in the wall was like going through butter.
Concrete gets stronger as it ages.

And the reason being that older units used the small red brick with more cement than bricks, and new unites use the much softer AAC blocks.

yes, there is a problem with visa... only 1 entry is not very attractive for investors. I should maybe forget the idea to invest several millions in this country and wait for my 50.

I have visited plenty of condo, they are cheap shoebox , have expensive pool to maintain, old or news, some stincks.

some rooms are just in front of trashes. did the owner knew it before buying.?

anyway, I have not seen any condo that please me but I will give a look at the one that your guys mentioned.

Check out developments by Sansiri Group….they look pretty lavish to me.

They may look lavish, but like everything in Thailand it's all for a show.

One of Sansiri projects in Bangkok where they found paper and plastic bottles inside the wall.

Always buy the cheapest and smallest unit in Thailand because you are throwing money down the toilet anyway.

I am subscribed to several condo projects on Facebook and it's just a complaint after complaint about bad workmanship.

I have literally seen horrid pictures from 1mil baht condos to 30mil baht.

Buy at your own risk,

1377774564-problem-o.jpg

1377791936-comment-o.jpg

1377773604-283454-o.jpg

if Pattaya is not a quality destination, tell me why Amari hotel is fully booked as well the Marriott.

in my point of view, I think there are just too many crap hotels and not enough nice quality hotels.

I m ready to spend even more than 3 millions bahts for a top class room managed by a hotel. I would like a ROI of 5 percent at least

So if you're lucky and rent it for 3 months each year you'd have to clear baht 50,000 per month to make 5% on your investment. I've always wondered who would ever respond to an email announcing a win in the Nigerian lottery. We have a winner.

Thats as may be, but all dividing walls, plus the exterior non load bearing ones are all single skin, and have a finished thickness of only 100mm, the older ones are clay brick rendered, In some of the newer construction here they are using "lightweight" blocks such as Q con, they would actually give marginally better insulation values, This is what you are referring to in your two examples I think.

Concrete gets stronger as it ages.

Agree 1BADDAT, but I was taking about insulation.

The place I rented at Northshore was 70k a month and the corner units are always rented and never sit vacant and all 70- 85k a month . These were bought for between 7 to 15 million depending on when owner bought so good investment . Rent in that building or whatever building you choose first before you buy . If you live in building for awhile you get to really investigate things and see how building runs and find best deals .

Sorry if this sounds a little forward but it sounds like someone wanting a millionaire lifestyle with the money of the servants. 2 million - 3 million baht will not find you top quality 5 star accommodation, and a small 33sqm pad is definitely not what I would consider 5 star. To find something of VIP 5 star which is of any decent size, modern, a number of bedrooms (3-4), kitchen, on-suits in each room, walk in robes, lounge, all the mod cons expected in a 5 star accommodation you would need at least 10 million. I understand Pattaya is cheaper than say Bangkok, Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samui etc, but if you want something of quality you need to pay for it. Quality is not cheap and cheap is not Quality, even in Thailand.

If it's for your self it could be a good thing. In Pattaya it's the renters market today and probably tomorrow. There is a lot of condos that are empty, both the one that are sold and for rent and the one un sold. Take VT 7 in Jomtien a decent building with nice pool. More then 50% is unsold and it's not good for the building. If you look at the 2 diagonal sections there is a few condos sold on the Jomtien side. As for renting it out its to much condos available. High season is a few months and maybe you get the high $ from the russian market where it is 4-7 pers in a studio condo. Same for VT 5, they are sold but empty. I rent one for a very good price with 1 month security it's a year lease with for me and the rent I pay equal to 4-5 month rent if I rent in short term. My landlord have offer to lower the rent if I stay another year. I heard from maintenance people that this condo was empty most of the year before. So buy as investment and rent it out I'm personally don't think it's a good idea

As a property inspector for over 11 years in Thailand high class is a matter of what you think is high class. High quality does not really exist.

From one million Baht to three hundred million baht it's at most 3 star quality. With no government inspections to developers or contractors cutting every corner possible it's impossible.

As a property inspector for over 11 years in Thailand high class is a matter of what you think is high class. High quality does not really exist.

From one million Baht to three hundred million baht it's at most 3 star quality. With no government inspections to developers or contractors cutting every corner possible it's impossible.

Suggest to contact developer MATRIX Pattaya regarding condo ART ON THE HILL Pratumnak Hill, Pattaya

Matrix built Park lane ,Paradise resort ,and Amazon ,all cheap nasty constructions.Any other great ideas from you ?

Do not buy a condo...plain and simple.

Put the money in the bank and rent a nice little apartment...one where you can sca-daddle if need be and leave nothing behind of any importance....seriously...this is Thailand.... remember that.

Same as: Do not get married....

A temporary "Rent A Wife For The Night" .......is much more prudent.

Like your Mother always told you: "Son, Listen To Good Advice.

Cheers

Archived