Trip video - 5,080 around Thailand

DualSportBiker

Some really nice footage DSB and yes a long old trip on a real mixed bag of roads, thanks for that.

Ziphod, bought a GoPro copy in the UK for my stepson, a fair bit cheaper than he could find here, works really well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DBPOWER-New-SJ4000-1080P-Full-HD-Action-Camera-Sport-Camcorder-DV-DVR-Cam-Black-/391162821142?hash=item5b131efa16

Thanks for editing and posting. Looks like a great trip. Kudos for doing it solo.

Reminds me why I like Thailand so much and riding.

Apart from the oil leak and mechanical problems, did you have any major bike problems, or problems with anything else?

Only one near-miss on day 2 in Kanchanaburi. No spills, no nearly running out of fuel, no map-lead-me-up-the-garden-paths, no issues finding somewhere sleep - it was all pretty easy to be honest. At one stage I had not seen another human for over 3 hours and had a few doubts, but those soon disappeared.

None of the tracks were challenging, which given I was riding solo was intentional. I have no issue with trying hard and failing (falling) in a group, but solo is another matter. My panniers have a single pin and two hooks holding them to the bike. If you put the bike down, the pin normally just bends and you can't mount the bags again... poor design from BM despite 20,000 Baht per pannier! One day I'll get a proper panniers and be more adventurous!

Cheers.

Thanks for editing and posting. Looks like a great trip. Kudos for doing it solo.

Reminds me why I like Thailand so much and riding.

Apart from the oil leak and mechanical problems, did you have any major bike problems, or problems with anything else?

Hear you about the prospect of tipping solo.

Best have a pard with cell phone and some 1st aid & other skills.

papa dropped his KLR650 5 or 6? times while solo on Colorado trails past summer.

Not sure...a bit apoxic @ 12,000 feet + altitude.

Buddha blessed, so no personal injuries and able to right and field repair the tall dog.

papa still looking for a scrambling partner around Patts.

Will pay 100baht finders fee, ha ha.