That time of the year... again

arithai12

We often read of tragic road accidents involving scooters... usually the comments are about how Thai people drive.
But I want to alert everyone about some of those farang tourists who descend to Chiang Mai especially in this season, and who think that they are so macho with their big rented PCX, that they can drive faster than anyone else, and that road rules do not apply to them.

I almost had a crash today with one of these fine specimen, coming full speed from the side street: my light had just turned green and his light must have gone red a good 5 seconds before. Luckily I was able to break in time - and a few others next to me. I honked, the guy yelled and zoomed on. I wonder whether he does that at home.

Part of the problem is a lot of them have never ridden a motor bike before. Also and this is my opinion only because it is true for me.

I am a good driver and many of these tourists are also good operators of what ever. How ever we are in Thailand and that is not as important as being alert to all around you and what they can do. Just because back home people don't do it and you don't have to watch them that close doesn't mean here in Thailand they won't. For the reason that I am not capable of being as alert as I used to be I choose to not operate a vehicle.

Edit

I just realized that for the most part the Chines are in groups and do not rent vehicles that much.

If they do they will mostly have a helmet on and how can you tell what nationality they are.

Edited by northernjohn

Bloody Chinese all seem to either be wobbling all over the road on a scooter or bicycle, or failing that standing in the middle of the road trying to get run over.

It's gets a little tricky when trying to find fault or blame in another persons actions when those actions are based on religious beliefs.

To believe that one has lived righteously and faithfully and that there is an afterlife kind of puts a different spin on those who seem to be wandering idly in the streets and perfectly situated to getting run over.

It's not the life situation at the present moment that is of ultimate importance but what one has done prior to that moment which guarantees a better after life.

Bloody Chinese all seem to either be wobbling all over the road on a scooter or bicycle, or failing that standing in the middle of the road trying to get run over.

It's gets a little tricky when trying to find fault or blame in another persons actions when those actions are based on religious beliefs.

To believe that one has lived righteously and faithfully and that there is an afterlife kind of puts a different spin on those who seem to be wandering idly in the streets and perfectly situated to getting run over.

It's not the life situation at the present moment that is of ultimate importance but what one has done prior to that moment which guarantees a better after life.

Pray tell me (or any others that care to listen) what effen drugs you are on. Most (if not all) of your posts on TV are way out there.

Methinks you have too much time on your hands.

Pray tell me (or any others that care to listen) what effen drugs you are on. Most (if not all) of your posts on TV are way out there.

Methinks you have too much time on your hands.

...says a poster that uses Bwian for screen pic.

Arithai,

I find the title of this thread very misleading.

I was so much looking forward to reading the latest news about Rudolph.

Santa is still putting Rudolph through his paces so he is good to go over Christmas. Thai radar should pick him, Santa and the sleigh up in another month or so. Merry Christmas to you and all TV posters and may next year be a good one for one and all and may we all enjoy a full 12 month lease on life. Catch you next year same time same place (I hope God willing and the creek don't rise)

I dont know about just Tourists

I have seen many Thais while riding around

Some slow not knowing where they are going Thai

Others ride like on a race track

Weaving in the traffic and going through Red Lights

They are what i call a Kamikaze Pilot

They have a death wish

They must think they are invincible

Arithai,

I thought you were going to get me started off on one of my favourite topics; the pollution also know as Christmas muzak.

Arithai,

I thought you were going to get me started off on one of my favourite topics; the pollution also know as Christmas muzak.

And anyway, Christmas is about the days getting longer again.

It is not about marketing, beer, snow, muzak, pudding, turkey or a little jewish boy being born.

Let's stick to tradition.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Part of the problem is a lot of them have never ridden a motor bike before. Also and this is my opinion only because it is true for me.

I am a good driver and many of these tourists are also good operators of what ever. How ever we are in Thailand and that is not as important as being alert to all around you and what they can do. Just because back home people don't do it and you don't have to watch them that close doesn't mean here in Thailand they won't. For the reason that I am not capable of being as alert as I used to be I choose to not operate a vehicle.

Edit

I just realized that for the most part the Chines are in groups and do not rent vehicles that much.

If they do they will mostly have a helmet on and how can you tell what nationality they are.

northernjohn - congratulations, your submission has left me quite confused. Is there a bottom line to what you have written, or did you just want to ramble on? If the latter, again congratulations, you certainly did that!facepalm.gifblink.png

Arithai,

Santa is still putting Rudolph through his paces so he is good to go over Christmas. Thai radar should pick him, Santa and the sleigh up in another month or so. Merry Christmas to you and all TV posters and may next year be a good one for one and all and may we all enjoy a full 12 month lease on life. Catch you next year same time same place (I hope God willing and the creek don't rise)

Creek... or .......Cree, as in indians.......red indians that is

ps

(If) God (is) willing, and the creek (doesn't) rise - ie, if there are no natural disasters.

(If) God (is) willing, and the Creek don't rise (up against us) - ie, if the Indians don't get warlike and kill us all in the meantime.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I really suggest any white man tried to settle out of court because they will have no mercy on you believe what I say they do not want us here in their country that is why they make visa extension so hard on us if you are not overs 65

No they just want to try us out to see how much we will take

Things have changed with the Military in charge

Maybe and i say maybe things could change after when they have the Elections