Private companies warned on Sihanoukville beach access

geovalin

The government has vowed to crack down on coastal hotels and resorts that have restricted public access to beaches or constructed illegal encroachments within 50 metres of the shoreline.

Tourism Minister Thong Khon warned yesterday that his ministry will give private companies a deadline to remove any fences or constructions that violate a government directive that ensures all beaches in the Kingdom remain public property.

“We’re talking about the area within 50 metres of the sea, which belongs to the public,” he said. “This applies everywhere, including on islands and land claimed by hotels. We already have a directive, but it hasn’t been implemented.”

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/private-companies-warned-beach-access

I hope the authorities implementing these laws understand that High Tide and Low Tide can probably make up to 200 meters of difference to where the "sea" is ?

“We’re talking about the area within 50 metres of the sea, which belongs to the public,”

I hope the authorities implementing these laws understand that High Tide and Low Tide can probably make up to 200 meters of difference to where the "sea" is ?

“We’re talking about the area within 50 metres of the sea, which belongs to the public,”

I would suggest that when that tide is high, the 50 metres will start at that point. When the tide is low, I would imagine the extra land mass created would also belong to the public?