1 St Post

Hello everybody

:o

I'm casalisa (the name of my house), we are living in Spain. Going to Thailand on the 19th of october and willing to stay until the 28th feb. 2007. We allready have a visa entry in our passports from the Thai embassy, so at Thai Immigration we will receive a 90 days stay as I understand it. What will we have to do for the rest of about 40 days? My husband and I will stay for the first 10 days in Bangkok and then move to Pattaya where we rented a small house in Eakmonkol 4 village.

Many thanks in advance and goodbye for now. :D:D:D

If you have a tourist visa you will receive 60 days when you enter the country. That can be extended for 30 more days with paperwork/payment of 1,900 baht at an immigration office. Depending on your nationality you may be able to exit Thailand and then return for 30 days at a time to cover the remainder of the period.

Hello everybody

I'm casalisa (the name of my house), we are living in Spain. Going to Thailand on the 19th of october and willing to stay until the 28th feb. 2007. We allready have a visa entry in our passports from the Thai embassy, so at Thai Immigration we will receive a 90 days stay as I understand it. What will we have to do for the rest of about 40 days? My husband and I will stay for the first 10 days in Bangkok and then move to Pattaya where we rented a small house in Eakmonkol 4 village.

Hi Casalisa, I wonder if it is possible in Spain to get a 2-entry tourist visa. You still have time, so why not approach the Thailand Consulate there in Spain and tell them of your travel plans. Maybe they'll upgrade it for you.

If you can't do that, once you've stayed your first 90 days (60 days plus 30 day extension) all you need to do is hop on a visa run bus for a day trip to the Cambondian border to extend for a further 30 days (about 2000 baht). For your last 10 days, you would have a choice of doing an extension again at the Immigration office or another visa run to Cambodia.

I know this must sound confusing, but if it's not clear, ask away.

Hello everybody

Yes, welcome. I hope that you enjoy your stay. The hard part will be on 28 February when it comes time to leave.

Edited by john b good