Duped investors file complaint with CSD

webfact

Duped investors file complaint with CSD
Donrawee Sudphum
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Some 20 people yesterday filed complaints at the Crime Suppression Division saying that they had been duped by a 30-year-old woman from Trat via LINE app into investing a total of Bt10 million in stock, and not getting the high returns they were promised.

The complainants claimed that Saiwarin Siha promised them up to 10 per cent returns on their investments.

A woman, who asked for anonymity, said Saiwarin, who was introduced to her by a close friend, had invited her two months ago to join a 100-strong group chat on LINE, where she called on members to invest in stock.

The woman said she invested Bt200,000 and earned high dividends as promised, after which she increased her investment to Bt600,000. However, she said, there was no sign of dividends and the suspect had become evasive, claiming the stock market was in the red and promised to return the investments by late October.

Since then the investors have not heard from Saiwarin again, which is why they got together to alert police yesterday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Duped-investors-file-complaint-with-CSD-30273676.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-25

10% return on investment, what were these people thinking!

I am achieving 23.6% return, please PM for details where to send your money;-)

That's not bad at all.

I own the rights to the Kra Canal and am currently accepting investments. You too could own shares in the biggest money spinner of the century. Farang investors discouraged....I don't like smart questions.

10% return on investment, what were these people thinking!

I am achieving 23.6% return, please PM for details where to send your money;-)

That's not bad at all.

I own the rights to the Kra Canal and am currently accepting investments. You too could own shares in the biggest money spinner of the century. Farang investors discouraged....I don't like smart questions.

I too think this is a great idea and would like to invest, but I see you don't want Farangs, even though I am a Geordie and not too smart, I understand.

But there is a girl who works in a bar I sometimes go to, known her for about 8 days, she seems trustworthy to me. Perhaps, if I transfer about 2 M Baht to her, she may be able to invest on my behalf?

I know this is a long term project, so the investment would be for my grand-children, looking for a return in, say, 20 to 30 years.

I cant believe people would be silly enough to fall this, old scam.

I can believe it. Just look at how often Thai people buy a bottle of snake oil for 2,000B promising to cure all kind of ailments and lose weight. Not to mention whitening cream.

I cant believe people would be silly enough to fall this, old scam.

Old scam to those that know....but a new and unsuspecting scam for those that do not know.

That fact is a big part of how the perpetrators can keeping on pulling off their scams

Cheers