Sea-rescue drill to simulate small aircraft crash off Phuket

webfact

Sea-rescue drill to simulate small aircraft crash off Phuket
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1448365419_1-org.jpg
The sea-rescue drill will require the co-ordinated efforts of rescue workers, paramedics, hospital staff, said Phuket Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan. Photo: The Phuket News file

PHUKET: -- Tourists and residents at Nai Yang Beach have been urged not to panic while emergency rescue teams from Phuket International Airport conduct a sea-rescue exercise at the usually quiet beach on Thursday (Nov 26).

The emergency drill will be held just north of Sirinath National Park from 4pm to 5pm, Phuket Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan told The Phuket News today (Nov 24).

The exercise will simulate an emergency response to a small aircraft with 10 passengers and crew on board having to crash land in the coastal waters near the airport, she explained.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/sea-rescue-drill-to-simulate-small-aircraft-crash-off-phuket-55107.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-25

In all the years I have lived in Nai Yang I cannot remember seeing a 10 seater plane using Phuket International Airport, only large airliners !!!

In high season every year you can spot them. They also park their small private vip planes here on hkt then.

But will they be able to "simulate" traffic making way for the ambulance?

Usually I accept the Thai way of doing things, but seeing vehicles ignoring ambulances makes me angry.

"but seeing vehicles ignoring ambulances makes me angry" - seeing vehicles ignoring me, makes me angry. biggrin.png

In all the years I have lived in Nai Yang I cannot remember seeing a 10 seater plane using Phuket International Airport, only large airliners !!!

There are plenty of private jets using the airport, plus Destination Air used to offer flights from the airport to Phi-Phi.

post-174-0-14229700-1448516084_thumb.gif