Man stabbed to death on Paholyothin road in iPad robbery

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious that Thailand needs stricter knife control legislation, as it was obviously the knife that did the killing & not the maniac wielding it.

RIP to the deceased.

I've read some real rubbish on here, but that takes the biscuit "as it was obviously the knife that did the killing & not the maniac wielding it". it may have physically killed the man, but wouldn't have had it not been "wielded", a knife, gun, lorry, club etc etc may physically do the deed, but it's the people controlling them that need dealing with properly and in my opinion, nothing short of life imprisonment is suitable for these murderers when (and if) they catch them. I firmly believe in a life for a life when it's taken in this manner and personally think they should be put to death and not spend the rest of their sorry lives being looked after at the tax payers expense.

Normal people should not be chastised because of the tiny minority of idiots.

I carry a small knife, I own 2 guns, I drive a car and have some golf clubs and if I get angry I don't think of any of the aforementioned as weapons.

Rant over!

A bit more compassion for the victim from some posters would be a good thing.

The guy was sitting there minding his own business, playing on his iPad. Minutes later he was dying from a knife wound and some people here use it as an excuse to crack jokes about the former prime-minister or Burmese migrant workers getting the blame as in a high profile murder case from recent times..

I feel some people really need to get a grip. If that was YOU or a member of YOUR family I doubt that you would find it so amusing

It's quite obvious that Thailand needs stricter knife control legislation, as it was obviously the knife that did the killing & not the maniac wielding it.

RIP to the deceased.

I've read some real rubbish on here, but that takes the biscuit "as it was obviously the knife that did the killing & not the maniac wielding it". it may have physically killed the man, but wouldn't have had it not been "wielded", a knife, gun, lorry, club etc etc may physically do the deed, but it's the people controlling them that need dealing with properly and in my opinion, nothing short of life imprisonment is suitable for these murderers when (and if) they catch them. I firmly believe in a life for a life when it's taken in this manner and personally think they should be put to death and not spend the rest of their sorry lives being looked after at the tax payers expense.

I carry a small knife, I own 2 guns, I drive a car and have some golf clubs and if I get angry I don't think of any of the aforementioned as weapons.

Rant over!

What is it with posters on TV, does nobody understand irony or sarcasm anymore? Or is it because 90% of posters are over 70, their comprehension of humour whittled away?

Jesus wept.

A bit more compassion for the victim from some posters would be a good thing.

The guy was sitting there minding his own business, playing on his iPad. Minutes later he was dying from a knife wound and some people here use it as an excuse to crack jokes about the former prime-minister or Burmese migrant workers getting the blame as in a high profile murder case from recent times..

I feel some people really need to get a grip. If that was YOU or a member of YOUR family I doubt that you would find it so amusing

I will concede to your point, at least you actually realise that the posters were attempting to be humorous, however misplaced, rather than all these other guys who seem to read everything literally.

Probably Burmese or Cambodian laborers.

Not everyone may see the humor in your post

Don't believe any humour was meant, it is simply an observation of the normal thinking applied in cases like this, "couldn't have been Thai, they wouldn't do such a thing"

Easy to catch them. Just follow the ipad GPS coordinate. I don't think they have special screwdriver to remove the battery.

Now that is quite an observation on your part, "I don't think they have special screwdriver to remove the battery." what makes you believe that?

RIP to the deceased.

Rant over!

What is it with posters on TV, does nobody understand irony or sarcasm anymore? Or is it because 90% of posters are over 70, their comprehension of humour whittled away?

Jesus wept.

Yes.

Far too many, stuck in the mud, know it all, old farts here I'm afraid.

RIP to the deceased.

Rant over!

Jesus wept.

Yes.

Far too many, stuck in the mud, know it all, old farts here I'm afraid.

That maybe true, but sarcasm is generally the lowest form of wit and in very poor taste in a thread like this.

"Currently, the case is very quiet. I don't know how much the investigation has progressed.

Not as quiet as the 17 year old Burmese girl who was raped by 5 Thai guys and killed in Haad rin Koh Phangan last week with not a sole charged. Haven't heard a peep about that. Must have been suicide.

That maybe true, but sarcasm is generally the lowest form of wit and in very poor taste in a thread like this.

They say that, but I think a good dose of sarcasm can be quite witty. In poor taste regarding the subject matter, yes.

I would think the lowest form of wit is childish mimicry.

Jesus wept.

There was no attempt at sarcasm whatsoever.

I simply said the EXACT SAME THING as would have been said about a crime committed with a firearm.

People think firearms kill, and want them banned/regulated/outlawed.

What's the difference?

I do blame the maniac wielding the knife though. and not the knife, for those too thick to realize that, and I did say RIP to the victim.

Wow, your intelligent comments astounds me.................

This forum really needs a 'sarcasm' emoticon. Something like something flying right over someone's head, perhaps wink.png

Well, okay a 'sarcasm' emoticon, but important too, the realisation, .. awareness, that sarcasm, black humour, whatever are all the playground of individual cultures. Humour does not always translate well, and can fall flat and/or be seriously misunderstood.

Therefor, contributors here and elsewhere on multicultural sites should be aware that whilst English may well be the only language allowed on a forum, it is not first language for everyone.

1. My suggestion is that all posters consider this before adding comments

2. Kindly give some slack to those who quite understandably misread colloquialisms.

Edited by TechnikaIII

This forum really needs a 'sarcasm' emoticon. Something like something flying right over someone's head, perhaps wink.png

Well, okay a 'sarcasm' emoticon, but important too, the realisation, .. awareness, that sarcasm, black humour, whatever are all the playground of individual cultures. Humour does not always translate well, and can fall flat and/or be seriously misunderstood.

Therefor, contributors here and elsewhere on multicultural sites should be aware that whilst English may well be the only language allowed on a forum, it is not first language for everyone.

1. My suggestion is that all posters consider this before adding comments

2. Kindly give some slack to those who quite understandably misread colloquialisms.

Well, if you don't understand, don't comment until you do- save yourself the embarrassment.

I was going to post a similar comment but you bet me to it. Truly a moronic statement and yet one I see repeated quite often on this forum. And it even got some likes! Seems like some people need a healthy dose of realism, or an education....or maybe just a brain.

Shinawatra Tower. Hmmmm Must be Mr.T and the red shirts!

No chance. The master coward hides abroad and the lower cowards only fire M79's or AK47's from moving trucks.

Remember his promise to return and be at the front line in 2010 cheesy.gif

Knives are just for killing each other.

Do you have a Taksin, Mr. T, Red Shirt, Shinawatra, or Yingluck alert on your computer? I think you need to go back on to your previous medication, as the current stuff certainly is not working, far too aggressive...