Bangkok Post Office for Mail to British Enbassy

toryboy1979

Please let me say from the outset that I do not know the areas of Bangkok at all. I sent and EMS letter to the British Embassy, Consular Section at 14 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathwanum 10330. Tracking it I find out it has been 'successfully delivered to "Rong Muang'.

Is this a central Post office that the embassy use or has my letter 'gone astray'.

As usual the Consular Section are unable to answer whether the letter has been received and suggested I speak to the appropriate authorities.

Can any one living in Bangkok tell me the answer before I go chasing the Thai Post Office

Thanks

When was the shipment posted?

When (which date/time) it shows delivered to Rong Muang?

What I can only guess: even though it is not a PO box address it is still hold in a PO box for pickup by the embassy.

So maybe the EMS tracking is at an end here?

The tracking shows that the letter was delivered to RONG MUANG on 25 Nov 15 between 12 and 16:29 'Successfully' and signed for by someone from RONG MUANG by the name of BUD PHI. I shall try the consulate again because Thailand Post say they have completed their part of he deal.

The packages have to be screened for safety/security precautions (explosives, biological traces, etc). Your embassy may have its own internal mail handling protocol.

I think it took at least an extra day for US embassy to receive ems letter after it was received at Rong Muang. So it should receive it in 26 Nov 2015 mail drop.

I would begin to panic if they didnt receive anything by 27 Nov 2015 around 11:00.

The Consulate have been very helpful and it appears that RONG MUANG is a central distribution point. What concerned me was that the EMS tracking said that it had been successfully delivered when it had obviously not been successfully delivered to the address on the package.

Thanks every one - I will wait out for a result.

I shall try the consulate again because Thailand Post say they have completed their part of he deal.

What I guessed.

Quite sure the embassies of UK, USA and others will not simply let a postman "hand over" the mail.

The mail will be brought to a bunker, x-rayed/sniffed for explosives, chemicals/poison, radioactivity and hell knows.

Archived