Pattaya GoGo Bar incident with Indian Tourist

webfact

Foolish Indian...

What would he do if someone in his place would sit on his car / bike / veranda ? Ask him to piss off... for sure

foolish thats not what i woud call himcrazy.gif never mind sitting on someone's bike. BUT WEARING A 75,000BHT.GOLD NECKLACE that is bloody STUPID.

Scam against his travel insurance anyone?
No just another subcontinent Del-boy flashing more gold than he's really worth to impress people dumber than he is.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Walking Street Pattaya so it could be any one of a multitude of scenarios. Given the mindset of the local residents and many of the visitors it is likely that there will be lies, scams and face saving attempts involved. If you swim in the sewer then you must accept that there will be the sewer rats that reside there.

Thailand is full of good places to live, I know I lived there for years and really enjoyed my time there. In my single days I would spend the odd weekend in Pattaya and enjoyed the nightlife it was famed for. It always was on the edge but it seems now it has degenerated to a much darker level.

Useless fact #24684654 Singh means Mister. So they're referring to Mr.Mister, when they say Mr. SINGH. More media ignorance. But they come into their own writing about aviation matters. Utterly clueless the lot of them.

Utter nonsense. There are many millions of indian women with the family name Singh. It is like the Korean Kim.

Useless fact #24684654 Singh means Mister. So they're referring to Mr.Mister, when they say Mr. SINGH. More media ignorance. But they come into their own writing about aviation matters. Utterly clueless the lot of them.

Singh comes from Sanskrit and means lion, which is why Singha beer has a lion emblem.

Utter nonsense. There are many millions of indian women with the family name Singh. It is like the Korean Kim.

All Sikh men called Singh as a title, this means lion, later it was adopted from many Indians as family name.

Now and then I park the hog outside a certain establishment on soi Diamond. Funny how many people seem to think that they somehow have the right to just hop on it and try to start it up. What do you think would happen if there was a bunch of fancy cars parked in the street (say for an event of some kind) and everyone and their dog just decided to hop in the cars and tried starting them ? My buddy laughs at me every time I lock the ignition but seeing how often people try to start it anyways makes me wonder how many would take a shot at riding away if they got it started. In all fairness it is usually (white) punks in their early/mid 20's that try starting the bike. Most everyone else just wants to have their picture taken. I don't normally have a problem with that until again, someone (usually one of those punks) decides to stand the bike up off the kickstand and starts pressing the starter. Where the F*** do they get the impression that it's OK to try and take someone's bike for a ride (which is exactly what they are hoping to do).

The staff at that establishment are (normally) pretty good at keeping people off the bikes (the owner and some of his friends also ride and also park their bikes there now and then). The biggest problem normally is the girls twisting the mirrors all over so they can check their make-up (or pick their teeth after a meal). However if I (or we) park somewhere else along Walking Street it seems everyone thinks the bikes are "fair game".

I've got to wonder with this story if the bike in question (I'm assuming it was a scooter) perhaps still had the key in it. Maybe the "tourist" saw that and was thinking of waiting until people weren't paying attention, or a large crowd drifted by, before trying to start it and riding away. Would not surprise me at all.

Just like those people who order drinks and then pretend to get a phone call, stand up and start walking away from the bar as though they are distracted and hopefully get far enough away to get lost in the crowd before the staff notice they are gone.

Got to remember that it's not just the locals that commit crimes in Pattaya (and Thailand).

Indian tourists are a real nuisance if you own an expensive motorcycle, I get sick of having to remove them from my Harley when parked around Pattaya, they never consider looking for the bikes owner and asking permission before sitting on it, and often they will lift the bike off the stand and straighten the bars while their friends take a photo, I chase them off now after one of these ignorant fools climbed on my bike lifted the stand and dropped the bike on the road, by the time I was told and got to my bike he and his pals were long gone, and I was left with B9.000 of damage to my bike!

I lost count of how many times I found Thai people sitting on my parked bike.

I'm not particularly irritated by it, except when they put on some attitude as if I had disturbed them or something.

Another point is that motorcycles are not allowed in the evenings on WS until .... well, I don't know until what time, but probably some hours into the morning.

Regularly there are motorcycles in WS, soi Diamond and other nearby sois who are driven by little pricks who believe the road belongs to them. I would be in favor of a police crackdown on these motorcycles!

Another point is that motorcycles are not allowed in the evenings on WS until .... well, I don't know until what time, but probably some hours into the morning.

They open the gates to vehicle traffic at midnight for some strange reason (maybe because the police don't want to sit there guarding the entrance any longer). I'd have thought 2 or 3 am would have been better (say, a half hour after all the bars are supposed to be closed).

Meanwhile, all parties have kissed and made up apparently: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874030-pattaya-gogo-bar-indian-incident-cleared/

The Indian guy admits to having used "colourful language" when the one of the service staff told him to get off of his (the service guy's) bike. No mention made of the missing money or necklace though.

I have dealt with many customers from India and Sri Lanka and found them to be great people. There are two sides to every story. Could it be some dodgey farang could have sold this Gentleman a plated piece of junk because he needed money quick to fly back to Farangland? Some thing just doesn't add up especially sitting on a probable half-arse motorbike and having the situation getting out of control? 1+1=3 in this situation. IMHO! thumbsup.gif

I have dealt with many customers from India and Sri Lanka and found them to be great people. There are two sides to every story. Could it be some dodgey farang could have sold this Gentleman a plated piece of junk because he needed money quick to fly back to Farangland? Some thing just doesn't add up especially sitting on a probable half-arse motorbike and having the situation getting out of control? 1+1=3 in this situation. IMHO! thumbsup.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gif Great argumentpost-4641-1156694606.gif