True Offering New Router

marquess

Got a call from True offering to change my existing router, but I am not sure that I want to accept the offer as there seems to be no discernible new benefits in having a new router. In fact I think that the new router might allow them to rationalise the download and upload speeds more easily. Currently I am paying for 18mbs and frequently get 36-40. Am I being paranoid? Can anyone tell me what the benefit will be for having the latest True router?

What's the model number of the new router? What's the model number of your old router? Best to ask True the questions.

"If" you are on a True cable/DOCSIS plan it's common to briefly get around twice the advertised download speed of your plan due to "bursting" in DOCSIS...this bursting usually last longer than the period of a speed test.

I'm on the True 15Mb/1.5Mb DOCSIS plan and it will burst up to around 40Mb and then settle down to a f22-28Mb final speed test result. I say 22 "to" 28Mb because I use to get 28Mb speed test results (or a little higher) but know I only around 22Mb. But I can't bitch because it's still far above the 15Mb I'm paying for.