Football Association of Thailand: Former police chief Somyot to stand for chief post

webfact

FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF THAILAND
Somyot to stand for chief post

The Nation

30273797-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former national police chief Somyot Poompunmuang is set to make a shock move to stand in the Football Association of Thailand's re-arranged presidential election, according to a source familiar with the matter.

In the wake of incumbent Worawi Makudi's provisional 90-day suspension by Fifa's ethics committee, the FAT election was postponed on October 17.

The normalisation committee appointed by the world football's governing body to oversee the vote has yet to announce a new date for the poll that Fifa said must take place not later than February 15.

Nevertheless, the race for FAT president post is set to heat up after it was revealed that retired police chief Somyot would run in the election. It was expected that he would put forward his candidature at the end of this month, with Pol Lt Gen Pisan Jundilok, a candidate set to stand in last month's vote, joining his bid for the secretary general's post.

"We invited "Big Aod" [somyot] to run for the top job of Thai football and he already accepted it verbally. Pisan agreed to join his bid as the secretary general," said a source close to regional police chief Pisan.

"I am giving my word that there would be no publicity stunt or anything like that as being said that Pisan would withdraw because he has close connection with Worawi's camp. We'll announce the candidacy soon."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Somyot-to-stand-for-chief-post-30273797.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-27

I am giving my word that there would be no publicity stunt or anything like that as being said that Pisan would withdraw because he has close connection with Worawi's camp.

tried to wrap my tired brain around this convoluted example of official phraseology, and I must say, I think I understand it now after 10min of trying to hypnotize it into submission. I will not share my findings. Worked too hard.

Oh god......oh god........oh god...........!!!!!!

And his qualifications and experience for trying to take the game out of the Middle Ages here are what exactly?

Thai football is already 4th rate. Looks like the future promises struggling wins against the teletubbies.

Do the powers that be ever consider bringing in a foreigner who actually knows what they're doing to take this on? Not that I think any of them worth a salt would take it on.

Oh no, mustn't use foreigners. Thai's do things better.

In case it have missed their attention, clubs in Thailand RELY on foreign players to make it even resemble a game of football. And 90% of them are only here because they're not good enough to play in Europe or their home countries.

It's a bit like the English teaching thing. Get rid of the foreigners. Use Thai people who can't speak English to teach English. That will raise the standards.

Let's get Thai people who don't know football to run football. That raise the standards.

Thai football in reality, has been in existence for 10 years and they think they know it all.

They know nothing of how football works. If they did you wouldn't have such a shambles.

They haven't even worked out you've actually got to kick it between the white sticks at each end yet ....yes, have you noticed those.....judging by some of the 'efforts' on goal I have seen.

And the 'coaches' , and I use that term very lightly.

No structure, no ambition, no idea.

Clubs owned by politicians, the police, the army, a couple of hi-so's. Yep REAL experience of running a football club.

But I am sure they will consider themselves a threat in world football after overcoming Chinese Taipei, just.

Still the reputation of the Thai police for their honesty will fit in well with FIFA.

Oh god........oh god......oh god!