Taxi Driver Demands Prosecution of Motorcyclist He Stabbed

rooster59

.... and the appropriate response to an assault is what exactly? Agree that slashing with a knife is too fast an escalation of violence. So if not that, then what? Walking away ... I have seen a sign of perceived weakness go very wrong in this society.

As I understand it, carrying a knife is illegal in Thailand. Thai police have been known to confiscate even such as Swiss army knives, and fine the person(s) carrying such.

It's up to the officer,,, I carry a medium sized folder, I once asked a BIB what the law was, He told me it was completely up to the officer, As in, if he thinks you're carrying a knife, for the purpose of using it in a crime, he can confiscate it, fine you, etc,,, But if it obvious to him you're simply carrying it for normal uses,, No problem...

It may well be up the officer to use his discretion, but why the hell are all kinds of knives being sold in the open air on the side of the roads and even in the big shopping centres, flick knives of all sizes are easily obtained everywhere.

.... and the appropriate response to an assault is what exactly? Agree that slashing with a knife is too fast an escalation of violence. So if not that, then what? Walking away ... I have seen a sign of perceived weakness go very wrong in this society.

I assume the knife will be asking for compensation on the grounds it was weilded by a moron and has suffered mental trauma as a result.

As I understand it, carrying a knife is illegal in Thailand. Thai police have been known to confiscate even such as Swiss army knives, and fine the person(s) carrying such.

It's up to the officer,,, I carry a medium sized folder, I once asked a BIB what the law was, He told me it was completely up to the officer, As in, if he thinks you're carrying a knife, for the purpose of using it in a crime, he can confiscate it, fine you, etc,,, But if it obvious to him you're simply carrying it for normal uses,, No problem...

It may well be up the officer to use his discretion, but why the hell are all kinds of knives being sold in the open air on the side of the roads and even in the big shopping centres, flick knives of all sizes are easily obtained everywhere.

Remember what th Americans say "Guns dont kill" so every one has them. Same here in Thailand. Knives dont kill so we will sell them

They could stop quite a large % of male drivers and find a weapon of some sort, mostly machetes.

Back in the UK, I always carried a claw hammer in my car for protection, but never once had to use it.

Was only ever attacked once, guy in front of me braked sharply and turned right without using his indicator.

I pumped my horn at him then just drove on, then I noticed him chasing me in my rear view mirror, I stopped, he opened my door and tried

to pull me out, I jammed his hand hard on the door, left him screaming, then just drove away.

Oh he kicked my leg first so I tried to kill him with a knife now if I had managed to kill him I would be standing over the body shouting to police arrest that dead man, a uneducated ignorant taxi driver with an obvious anger issue and a danger to the public so definitely should not be in a public service job. Prison might be a better location for him, where he might learn to kick back rather than try and kill.

Look at the ages of a lot of these guys. They are likely lead poisoning victims from back when cheap nasty fuel and turd burning tuk tuks polluted the atmosphere, and theyd sleep on a mat on the floor as kids, thus breathing in lead. Lead poisoning manifests in violent psychotic behavior.

They could stop quite a large % of male drivers and find a weapon of some sort, mostly machetes.

Back in the UK, I always carried a claw hammer in my car for protection, but never once had to use it.

Was only ever attacked once, guy in front of me braked sharply and turned right without using his indicator.

I pumped my horn at him then just drove on, then I noticed him chasing me in my rear view mirror, I stopped, he opened my door and tried

to pull me out, I jammed his hand hard on the door, left him screaming, then just drove away.

Good on ya for quick thinking. You do realise that a claw hammer in the car passenger compartment in the uk or anything similar. Is a bang to rights nick, and a criminal record for life, a simple traffic stop or a search of your car after a moderate to serious accident, could get you done, all for What? As you said, you never had to use it, and it's likely to have been in anger not defence, if you had. As most Road rage cases prove, including the above. But having said all that, again, well done on the hand crushing, I'd like to think I'd do the same in your place.

Good on ya for quick thinking. You do realise that a claw hammer in the car passenger compartment in the uk or anything similar. Is a bang to rights nick, and a criminal record for life, a simple traffic stop or a search of your car after a moderate to serious accident, could get you done, all for What? As you said, you never had to use it, and it's likely to have been in anger not defence, if you had. As most Road rage cases prove, including the above. But having said all that, again, well done on the hand crushing, I'd like to think I'd do the same in your place.

I know about the claw hammer, it was there only to be used in a life or serious injury threat, and I am not interested in laws, my well being comes first.

The UK, unlike Thailand is a very dangerous place, and when I go back for a holiday, I carry an expanding baton with me at night attached to a pouch in my belt.

I could have used the hammer when the guy approached my car, but as it was only one on one, I decided to sit there and see what happened, I did not want to use any violence.

But when the guy opened my door, tried to grab me and pull me out, that was just going too far. But thanks for your kind words.

Perhaps (jokingly for those who don't know... 'cos there will be some) the BiB should tell people to go down the "non lethal" (allegedly) route have an amnesty on Machete.s and hand out free electric stun devices...there are plenty of them about...guy's come round the bars here selling them Then you could just stun the guy...jump back in your taxi, leave him squirming on the highway and an observant (not) truck driver just wipes him out for you job done...no blame, no evidence (hope there are no machete wielding taxi drivers reading this getting ideas).....TiT don't ya just love the place wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by kaiyaibob

I am not one to Thai bash but looking at this guy one can see that the lights are on but there is definitely no one at home. Sitting there like King Muck believng the actions of the victim was sufficient ror him to commit the act of attempted murder. And the BIB want to parade him like this. He is a danger to anyone who come into contact with him. Morons like this should be locked up, not glorified in the usual BIB five minutes of fame photograph.

I am not one to Thai bash but looking at this guy one can see that the lights are on but there is definitely no one at home. Sitting there like King Muck believng the actions of the victim was sufficient ror him to commit the act of attempted murder. And the BIB want to parade him like this. He is a danger to anyone who come into contact with him. Morons like this should be locked up, not glorified in the usual BIB five minutes of fame photograph.

Very true. The RCD (revenue collection department) is at least partially responsible. When he asked for a press conference to announce that he wanted to sue his victim, the cops should have slapped the crap out of him, locked him up in a cell for a few days, and sobered him up. He had obviously been tweaking for a while, and had completely lost possession of the tiny bit of sense that remained in his warped mind, his foul heart, and his twisted and blackened, charbroiled bankrupt soul. By parading him in front of the public in this fashion, the RCD demonstrated that they also lack common sense, and in a sense they are encouraging more fools to step up and behave like idiots, without possession of common sense, reason and decency. That should never be encouraged, and the RCD should have had more class, and more dignity than that. So, a lot of this rests with them.

Saneh or Opas,

who is right here?

Both have to learn that at issue, one should not get the knife out.

So, who first brought out the knife and stabbed the other?

Simple case here.

Simple case x 2

1. Simple case of NOT reading the OP

2. Simple case = the person NOT reading the OP

Typical over reaction by a thai and he still believes he's in the right.something very wrong with some peoples values here,Very lucky he didn't kill the other guy.

yes you right Typical over reaction by a Thai...foreigners must bare in mind that Thai will react this way and you can get kill for simple thing.Still alot of guns out there and knives that can harm you...just saying to be aware and don't take for granted you win.

Saneh or Opas,

who is right here?

Both have to learn that at issue, one should not get the knife out.

So, who first brought out the knife and stabbed the other?

Simple case here.

It gets even more Simple if you were to read the report properly before launching into your blame the VICTIM mode

you would then realise that there was only 1 lunatic with a knife who now has the audacity to demand that his victim is prosecuted for kicking him

Simple case here really

Watch out for "loose cannon" taxi drivers. I was sitting on my motorcy stopped, with my feet on the ground, a taxi driver ran over my right foot hospitalizing me. Then got two mates to "witness" that i was overtaking him at great speed, causing Bht 25000 damage to his taxi.