Best family gamer

Deserted

Hi all, what's the best family gaming console these days? I don't mean the handheld things, I mean something I can connect up to the tv so that our 3 year old can join in. I remember it used to be the Wii but it seems like that's been out for a long time now and I haven't kept up with developments. Is it still the best and are they still making games for it?

The new wii is not as popular and also not simple to use as the old

I think for a 3 year old the old wii Is still the best choice

Then in a few years get something a bit better with a more traditional joypad

Also u don't have 2 pay for the games if u go to the right place or know how to do it yourself

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The new wii is not as popular and also not simple to use as the old

I think for a 3 year old the old wii Is still the best choice

Then in a few years get something a bit better with a more traditional joypad

Also u don't have 2 pay for the games if u go to the right place or know how to do it yourself

Yes in MBK someone can probably preload the whole lot for the right price.

• 3 weeks later...

U can do it your self to or you could before, and probably can get a cheap second hand one in the UK grey go for about 20 pond now I think

Don't you have to have a Uk wii chipped to get Thai games to play on it/ I have a UK wii (forthe kids) but never buy games as they don't work. i would love to though

To the OP. My kids love the wii. I have a 6 year old who finds it easy to handle and a 10 year old who still loves mario kart, batman leggo The mad rabbits game etc. They have been around a while, but still a good laugh

U can do it your self to or you could before, and probably can get a cheap second hand one in the UK grey go for about 20 pond now I think

Don't you have to have a Uk wii chipped to get Thai games to play on it/ I have a UK wii (forthe kids) but never buy games as they don't work. i would love to though

To the OP. My kids love the wii. I have a 6 year old who finds it easy to handle and a 10 year old who still loves mario kart, batman leggo The mad rabbits game etc. They have been around a while, but still a good laugh

I don't think u have 2 chip them unless they have changed it u just put something in a sd card and run it

Then u can play games from a USB Hard drive what u download from the net

Or you can even put a game in the wii then copy it to the hard drive

Just look on Google I did it once but it was years ago and maybe it has all changed

• 8 months later...

IMO both Wii U (new Wii) and NDS are still my most favorite game consoles for playing family games together as a group. Personally, I was pleasantly surprised by most recent developments on the Wii U in Wii U mode, thus not vWii mode, specifically regarding new possibilities in the area of homebrew browsing. Honestly, I was quite disappointed by two Wii U Minecraft games, presently available on todays market, which my children wanted to play. These two games do require quite expensive additional gamepad controllers.

Archived