Intruder dies in California chimney after homeowner lights fire

webfact

I don't know if the police will decide to press charges against the homeowner ( eg attempted murder). However I'm sure that the burglar will sue the homeowner for his negligence, in not checking the chimney for occupants before lighting the fire.

Does anybody read these stories before posting? It clearly states that the intruder died, so he won't be suing anyone, plus it would be a murder charge, not attempted murder as the intruder victim died.

It also clearly states the Family of the burglar would be suing-- Not the burglar. Pot calling the kettle, black?

He could not shout ?

Please try reading the OP.

quote "The owner of the home in Huron lit a fire in his fireplace on Saturday afternoon but then heard a man yelling inside the chimney as the house filled with smoke, the sheriff's office said in a statement."

When I attended burglary school, they taught us that you always check to see if someone is home before trying to break into a house. They said it was even better to case out a house prior to breaking in, to avoid getting killed. Guess this guy never attended the course. Who knows what would have happened once he landed, with the house occupants already there. Do burglars get any dumber? Hard to drum up much sympathy.

Ho hum. Another poster who does not bother to comprehend the sentence before posting. whistling.gifgigglem.gif

"The man appeared to have climbed into the chimney during the night while the owner was away and then became stuck, according to the Fresno County Sheriff's Office. clap2.gif

When I attended burglary school, they taught us that you always check to see if someone is home before trying to break into a house. They said it was even better to case out a house prior to breaking in, to avoid getting killed. Guess this guy never attended the course. Who knows what would have happened once he landed, with the house occupants already there. Do burglars get any dumber? Hard to drum up much sympathy.

When was that, the 1920s? Talk about the old way of doing things. The new way is doing it while people are home.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/police-investigate-fatal-shooting-in-henry-home-in/npYdj/

When was that, the 1920s? Talk about the old way of doing things. The new way is doing it while people are home.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/police-investigate-fatal-shooting-in-henry-home-in/npYdj/

They told us as the burglary institute that doing it while people are at home was the easiest way to get killed or maimed. In most US states, when someone is on your property, and you feel threatened, you have additional rights to kill or maim. That holds especially true in the Thai legal system.