Category F earnings requirement UK ILR

I take it the earnings requirement still applies at the ILR stage. On the FLR category F it states How much did you or your sponsor earn from Self Employment in the "last financial year".

My wife's ILR application will have to be made from the 5 April 2018 to the 2 May 2018. My account says that there is no way that they can prepare accounts for the financial year April 2017 to March 2018 in that time frame.

I exceed the earning requirement on PAYE anyway so will have a P60 but I still have to apply under category F. So how does UKVI expect you to achieve the impossible?

Does anybody else have their wife's FLR or ILR renewal very close to the end of the financial year?

Who told you that you have to use category F?

You say you have employed income which exceeds the requirement, so use category A.

Category F is for Directors of companies where the Director has control of the company ie not a public limited company. The wife and I own 100% of the shares and are the only employees. My understanding that puts me in Category F.

I am sure we have discussed the question before of submitting under category F when my PAYE salary exceed the earnings requirement.

I very nearly failed to get the wife's settlement visa for falling foul of submitting under category A when I should have done category F. I don't intend to make that mistake again.

In which case, tell your accountant to pull his finger out and get the accounts done on time!

The end of the financial year will be the 31 March. The ILR application will be week later. I don't think it is up to my accountant to perform some miracle to please a Government Department that has no clue as to how the real World works. Given this is part of the visa process I can't be the only person to have encountered it.

I suppose technically I could resign the Directorship and put the shares in the wife's name then I would meet the requirements of category A. Assuming that they don't look at the FLR application and smell a rat.

The end of the financial year will be the 31 March. The ILR application will be week later. I don't think it is up to my accountant to perform some miracle to please a Government Department that has no clue as to how the real World works.

Your accountant is everything you want him/her to be. Not our problem.

Don't come griping if it goes belly up.

Personally, I would be pleasing government departments of their every whim as you only have to conform for so long. But, I'm now so bored of your tedium that you might as well nosedive and hopefully give the rest of us some peace because you appear hell-bent on failure, Trevor.

Edited by wooloomooloo

The end of the financial year will be the 31 March. The ILR application will be week later. I don't think it is up to my accountant to perform some miracle to please a Government Department that has no clue as to how the real World works.

Your accountant is everything you want him/her to be. Not our problem.

Don't come griping if it goes belly up.

Personally, I would be pleasing government departments of their every whim. You only have to conform for so long.

That is not the case. Accountants are specifically instructed by their professional bodies to resist demands from clients to complete sets of accounts in unreasonabe timeframes. It falls under the fundamental ethical principle of maintaining objectivity.