Signs that you live in a cheap condominium complex

dennis123

Hang on....., maybe they are shift workers having a libation or 2 after a hard evenings graft ?

A number of years ago while working on a prawn trawler in the north of W.A. we would often finish up at 7am with a beer and a whiskey..., it helped ease us into daytime sleep...., so..., personally I'm happy for anyone to choose their own drinking hours..., so long as they are causing no disorder etc.

Been one myself, closing the week with a few beers at friday morning 7am after work. The people I see here are retired, old & wise lol, mixed in with a couple of Russians that seem a bit younger but not the less miserable (40-50 year old I guess), not just males, also females. Maybe I should be grateful they sit at the tiny minimart and not at the pool.

Anyhow I've seen plenty sitting at bars in the early hours in Pattaya but didn't expect that at the condo, oh well, live & let live, next time I won't frowns at them smile.png

Actually I think most didn't even see that I frownsed as they seemed to be staring at, whatever!

Next time I'll yell, WAKE UP TIME!!!

"...retired, old & wise lol????" "...bit younger but not the less miserable (40-50 year old I guess)????..."

Take it from an Old Fart who is thankful for a relatively long life, thankfully w/o any of the illusion of monumental wisdom leftover from his youth, but positively not "miserable" that he's too old to "sit at the pool" with the herds of younger sheeple and their unending competition, one-upmanship, desperate attempts at attention and to fit in.

As for the yell, no thanks, always figured sleepy time beats "WAKE UP TIME" with the comatose.

10 years ago i lived in an entertaining apartment building;

- thai women 'supported' by foreigners sitting outside the building drinking alcohol at 10am

- same women playing/gambling dominoes day after day, week after week, yawn.

- foreign alcoholic/heroin addict along the corridor

- ladyboy prostitute living next door - only twice did i hear anger when her customer realised his lady companion had a little for him up her dress. she had customers every night so there is demand.

- regular, loud and very public arguments/fights between foreigners and their thai partners

- when i asked an american neighbour not to lock his gf out of their apartment in the early hours as she shouts and bangs so much it wakes everyone he showed me a leather holster and said he had the gun to go in it and i should 'be careful'

- a foreigner living with his mentally unstable thai gf. she brought a puppy into the building when is was clear to everyone pets are not allowed and kicked off in a huge was when she was told to remove the dog.

those were the days.

Patong Condotel / Sky Inn ? ...those were the days...albeit 20 years ago it was same too. Strange place with some charm about it.

Very simple, just move to a condo that suits you.

Well fosseway, I did that, losing a 40,000 B security and incurinng some 70,000 costs re moving

expenses and new deposits. I relocated to a quite luxurious condo bldg. in the " Beverly Hills " of

Pattaya only to find a trash filled/abandoned shacks Soi, with poor internet and cell phone reception

plus a " Juristic " person who I will have to take to the Pattaya Consumer Complaints dept. to get the

free WI-FI promised but not delivered.

People wanting out of somewhere simply cannot take the word of prospective landlords/rental agents but must make a surgical examination of all facets before signing a lease.

" Beverly Hills of Pattaya" I just blew coffee out my nose. Thats like saying "the most delicious rat in the dumpster". If one chooses to live in a place that is known as a low-life magnet, don;t be surprised by your neighbors.

Dennis, Were these people bothering you by drinking beer at 10am? Were they being noisy, offensive or pose any kind of threat to you?

Did the people who saw you drinking a beer in, say, Cambodia, at say, 2-3pm complain on an internet forum because they don't drink before, say, 5pm?

Stop being a judgemental ass and learn to live and let live, and you'll find Thailand is a nice place to be.

Amen to that!clap2.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

It is like that British Joke when 2 guys are sitting in a bar and Harry says to Tommy: "Look at those 2 Old drunks over there." "You can tell just by the looks of them they are Old Drunks". Then Tommy replies:"Shut up Harry!" "You are looking in a mirror."

Life it like that sometimes and full of surprises. You don't know where you are going to be in 20 years. When you see these drunks now, you actually might be looking in mirror of the future, and as in the old joke.

For the record, those old farts are not loud, neither have they been rude, lucky them smile.png

Actually I feel a bit sorry for them as they don't really seem to enjoy it and yes I do take offense, especially when I bring my hooker for the night home in the morning, what shall he be thinking, from a house with private pool to a freaking ghetto!!!

Lol just kidding! tongue.png

I can see the argument from the 'offender's side as well.

There they are, having their routine beer at 10:00 in the morning, maybe two, and retiring to their rooms afterwards.

Only to be woken by the OP, who didn't start drinking until 14:00 or 15:00, but who also didn't stop until 02:00 the next morning.

If that were the case, who should be commenting on who?

Only partially joking here................................tongue.png

Or is this quite standard at every large condominium?

No not just the one I saw the first day at 9am with a shot of Sangsom next to his beer.

Today I saw almost a dozen of them!!!

I'm not so sure whether they are tourists or long time stayers, I just walk past and frowns at them lol.

I live in a cheap building, but it has none of these problems. There is not a single other foreigner in my building, let alone a dozen alcoholic farang sitting around drinking Sangsom at 10am. My building is cheap but it is filled with Thai uni students and office workers, they certainly don't have time or the money to be sitting around drinking in the morning. If you are staying in a cheap building in a tourist zone it is gonna attract foreign alcoholics with nothing to do except drink all day. If you want to save on rent live in a building full of working Thais, they are gone most of the time and are normally exhausted when they get home.