Ownership Transfer after Finance Completed

Lesbill

Topic Title changed - more explanatory. Will likely generate more hits.

OP - to clarify - the toyota finance is in your name, but you also want the Truck Blue book to be in your name too ?

Your post is not too clear. If the Blue book is in your wifes name, you both will have to go to the DLT and change it over to your name.

Thanks for reply, at pres, with one payment to go, it is owned by Toyota finance co. On completion, they will enter my wife in the book as owner No. 2. I want my name as owner No.2. Instead of No.3. More easy to sell with few owners. Last year I wanted to drive to Malaysia, but must own car outright, in your name. This is one reason, other mmmmm trust. House, everything in her name,

A little bit of security if....... PS, I am not legally married, just the Buddah party, but 10 years on. I spend 6 months here, and same in UK with my grandkids etc. Thanks again.

I think you will find that in addition to the finance companies details, your wife's name, address and birth date, has already been in the book on page 1 since the day the car was registered.

When the finance is completed only the details from the finance company will be removed.

Edit : Ooops, I should have said page 5, since that is actually the number of the page where the original owners details are printed.

Edited by TheCruncher

Listen.

If everything else is in her name then just tell her. Honey i put everything in your name. Now i would like to atleast have car in my name. She gonna say'you dont trust me' and just answer if i wouldnt trust you i wouldnt give you everything. Hope that works out haha

I moved here in 2001, bought a new Toyota pickup and after paying a large chunk upfront I paid the rest off over 3 years in monthly installments.I was told that as a foreigner I wouldn't be granted finance so it had to go in my wife's name even though I was the one paying.

I too wanted the registration document in my own name on completion of payments. I went through a few histrionics and hysterics from the missus but eventually got my own way on this. The missus had to sign a statement to the effect that she is willingly allowing the vehicle to be changed to my name and full ownership too. Now happily divorced and still driving the same car which is in good nick. Wanting to trade it in but unless I pay in full for cash I would be refused finance again. So... who to trust?

I understand the OPs dilemma. It's a case of 'will your missus be happy/willing to put it in your name?' A test of your relationship's strength i would say.

Edited by Isitjustme

I moved here in 2001, bought a new Toyota pickup and after paying a large chunk upfront I paid the rest off over 3 years in monthly installments.I was told that as a foreigner I wouldn't be granted finance so it had to go in my wife's name even though I was the one paying.

I too wanted the registration document in my own name on completion of payments. I went through a few histrionics and hysterics from the missus but eventually got my own way on this. The missus had to sign a statement to the effect that she is willingly allowing the vehicle to be changed to my name and full ownership too. Now happily divorced and still driving the same car which is in good nick. Wanting to trade it in but unless I pay in full for cash I would be refused finance again. So... who to trust?

I understand the OPs dilemma. It's a case of 'will your missus be happy/willing to put it in your name?' A test of your relationship's strength i would say.

I have had 3 car finances, I'm single and that is probably my advantage since I don't have a wife who can tell the dealer that I can't get a finance, and have never worked in Thailand.

Edited by TheCruncher

Gee, you think? Of course it is a case of trust. Anyone who is supposedly in a loving relationship would not fail to sign over the asset to the one who paid for it--unless she is under the impression it is hers.

How do so many guys get mixed-up with women like that?

If she is that greedy and petty just pack up your things and find a younger, prettier model year (wife I mean..not truck). Let her enjoy her depreciating asset while she ponders your divorce. Time for men in this country to grow a set. Really.

Perhaps you could be Lucky ?

Don't make the last Payment and go to the finance company with your payment records and show you are the Payer,

Then offer the final payment if they agree to record you as the owner,

Unfortunately I think you have left this a bit late and should have done this a few years ago.

Good Luck.

If she is that greedy and petty just pack up your things and find a younger, prettier model year (wife I mean..not truck). Let her enjoy her depreciating asset while she ponders your divorce. Time for men in this country to grow a set. Really.

She also has the house in her name, so growing a pair could well result in him being out on the street without two baht to rub together. Better to negotiate.

A younger, prettier model? How much punishment do you want this guy to have?facepalm.gif

Moderators should flag this as yet another cautionary tale of why you should never lose your common sense. Now he has a house and truck that he paid for and is stuck with a wife who wants it all and won't give an inch. Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep some leverage in any marriage...that goes for here or anywhere ! Love and marriage go hand in hand with mutually assured destruction...what you have in most cases is only assured unilateral destruction......you get what you deserve.

Moderators should flag this as yet another cautionary tale of why you should never lose your common sense. Now he has a house and truck that he paid for and is stuck with a wife who wants it all and won't give an inch. Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep some leverage in any marriage...that goes for here or anywhere ! Love and marriage go hand in hand with mutually assured destruction...what you have in most cases is only assured unilateral destruction......you get what you deserve.

Who says she wants it all.