Ownership Transfer after Finance Completed

Lesbill

Moderators should flag this as yet another cautionary tale of why you should never lose your common sense. Now he has a house and truck that he paid for and is stuck with a wife who wants it all and won't give an inch. Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep some leverage in any marriage...that goes for here or anywhere ! Love and marriage go hand in hand with mutually assured destruction...what you have in most cases is only assured unilateral destruction......you get what you deserve.

"Love and marriage go hand in hand" 55555. So does "divorce and all your possessions".

It is up to her, if she does not change the name.

You have lost one pick up.

Why the hell did you put it in her name in the first place.

Many Thai Ladies are laughing all the way to the bank when Farang's do this kind of thing.

His post is not 100 percent clear, hasn't explained why, there maybe a number of reasons. There appears to be some mistrust in the relationship but this may rise because of his absence and him reading some of the things posted on this forum. I bought two cars, one for myself, one for my wife, it's hers, so in her name. Mine is in my name. You say many Thai ladies laughing, yout're probably right but I find that I have been very fortunate and do not have the worries or problems many others seem to experience.

It is up to her, if she does not change the name.

You have lost one pick up.

Why the hell did you put it in her name in the first place.

Many Thai Ladies are laughing all the way to the bank when Farang's do this kind of thing.

If only there was an answer out there, somewhere, for that particular question.

Why many farangs do stupid things here in Thailand... vulnerability????

I see this sort of thing and others first hand, try to step in and open people [friends] eyes, but it falls on deaf ears.. I'm giving up!!

I understand the OPs dilemma. It's a case of 'will your missus be happy/willing to put it in your name?' A test of your relationship's strength i would say.

Gee, you think? Of course it is a case of trust.

Gee,you think? haha

As we seem to be agreed on this I don't see the need for sarcasm. Lowest form ...etc etc

I love that Queen song " Another one bites the dust " my mate did the same he had a pick up had a huge argument with his wife Buddha wedding nothing else I watched her and a couple of Thais load his Honda motorbike, washing machine , TV and lots of other items onto the back of the truck and disappear into the night never to be seen again, he was away in Penang at the time doing a visa run , she broke his heart and his bank account !

Moderators should flag this as yet another cautionary tale of why you should never lose your common sense. Now he has a house and truck that he paid for and is stuck with a wife who wants it all and won't give an inch. Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep some leverage in any marriage...that goes for here or anywhere ! Love and marriage go hand in hand with mutually assured destruction...what you have in most cases is only assured unilateral destruction......you get what you deserve.

"Love and marriage go hand in hand" 55555. So does "divorce and all your possessions".

Not at all what I said, take anything out of context and you can get any meaning you want

Reminds me of the new Barbie doll product......Divorce Barbie. She comes in a box with ALL Ken's possessions.

Hi, JohnnyHK, nice you have an interest in my quiery.? I talked it over with my wife, she has promised to change into my name,

When the little book is received, about 3/4 weeks, after finance is finished. I beleave her, we have been together now for 10 years,

Living in the new home I bought for us and her two sibs, she looks after me very well, looks after the house, I know when I

Bought it and furnished it, 4 aircoms etc etc, over 2 mil Bht risky I know, but had 10 fairly happy years, saved me that much on Hotels restuarants etc. As I said before, I spend 2X90 days here (in the winter.) with the odd visit, in between, now on my 56

Entry into LOS. Yes have a bit of experience. I eat, and cook Thai food, I am now 70, have family in UK, and Mexico. But my

Love of Thailand, keeps me happy. The few downs I have living in Khorat, is lack of decent restuarants, when we need a treat,

But cook every night at home, hate Western food. Also miss having friends around for dinner, etc, don't have any UK pals in

The area.

Where are you based, as a lot of the comments made, appear to be from the usual old Thai-lady bashes, who run all relationships

Down, would love to meet a likewise Farang. Cheers.

Congratulation Lesbill on the good wife. Yeah, it seems a lot of people on this forum have or had bad ones and love to hear others tell their tales of misfortune.

Me? I'm American and actually live in Hong Kong, married to a "British Chinese" for 9 years. Ha ha, UK people hate it when I say that because HK used to be a British colony but still irks them.

I, like a lot of expats in HK are planning to retire to Thailand. Now after being on this forum for a while I think that it would have to be someplace up north away from the drama. My only trip to Thailand was to Bangkok and Phuket, wow, they were a major letdown compared to TV shows and movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry op you have no hop of her putting it in to your name she will not do .

All the best but next time think before you do thinks like that .

I was in the same boat as op,but i got a car ownership changed to my name.Not all women are mercenary.I just explained i will be her driver and will pay all the bills.Same with usufruct.The main point is my missus trusts me,and rightly so.

This is a really easy issue

Tell her you want it in your name IF she balcs then tell her OK then fine You pay all the bills then since you will not transfer it over to me

See how she is then

Good idea,until she sells the car.If that happens,time to move on.After 10 years op should know if he can play this game or not.

I moved here in 2001, bought a new Toyota pickup and after paying a large chunk upfront I paid the rest off over 3 years in monthly installments.I was told that as a foreigner I wouldn't be granted finance so it had to go in my wife's name even though I was the one paying.

I too wanted the registration document in my own name on completion of payments. I went through a few histrionics and hysterics from the missus but eventually got my own way on this. The missus had to sign a statement to the effect that she is willingly allowing the vehicle to be changed to my name and full ownership too. Now happily divorced and still driving the same car which is in good nick. Wanting to trade it in but unless I pay in full for cash I would be refused finance again. So... who to trust?

I understand the OPs dilemma. It's a case of 'will your missus be happy/willing to put it in your name?' A test of your relationship's strength i would say.

I have had 3 car finances, I'm single and that is probably my advantage since I don't have a wife who can tell the dealer that I can't get a finance, and have never worked in Thailand.

It is near impossible to get finance without a job or collateral,never mind what the wife says.Can you share your experience with us?

If she is that greedy and petty just pack up your things and find a younger, prettier model year (wife I mean..not truck). Let her enjoy her depreciating asset while she ponders your divorce. Time for men in this country to grow a set. Really.

All of the above is possible,but he's not married and never did his homework before committing 10 years so far.Young bucks i can understand rushing in,but it is the old fools i don't understand,they deserve everything they lose for actually believing they are the hansum man.

Thanks for reply, at pres, with one payment to go, it is owned by Toyota finance co. On completion, they will enter my wife in the book as owner No. 2. I want my name as owner No.2. Instead of No.3. More easy to sell with few owners. Last year I wanted to drive to Malaysia, but must own car outright, in your name. This is one reason, other mmmmm trust. House, everything in her name,

A little bit of security if....... PS, I am not legally married, just the Buddah party, but 10 years on. I spend 6 months here, and same in UK with my grandkids etc. Thanks again.

Does she go to the UK with you?If not,6 months seperated is not a good way to run a relationship.Asking for trouble.

Easy really tell her she transfers it into your name or you walk out and never sees you again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She says mai pen rai.Don't push a Thai into a corner,they will only say up to you,as YOU walk into the sunset.You want to lose everything on a macho point of order.

Sorry op you have no hop of her putting it in to your name she will not do .

All the best but next time think before you do thinks like that .

I was in the same boat as op,but i got a car ownership changed to my name.Not all women are mercenary.I just explained i will be her driver and will pay all the bills.Same with usufruct.The main point is my missus trusts me,and rightly so.

Why did you not have the car in your name in the first place ? .

But lots are just in it for the money and a good life I understand that but I would not trust any woman any were in the world seen to much go wrong.