Any problems receiving regular airmail in CM?

helpisgood

I have been living in CM for almost four years. About a year ago or so, I did not receive a letter. However, that may have been because the sender did not include the tambon. Otherwise, there have been no problems until a couple of months ago when I did not receive some regular airmail from the USA. I am assuming that the private carriers and any other method requiring a signature are still okay.

I know that my lost mail had the correct address because I emailed the full address to the senders. The senders then printed it out and pasted it to the envelopes.

I have been told that many other people in CM have had the same problem lately. It was explained that part of the problem is that Thai Post has started "a new system." Also, a Thai person stated that the younger mail carriers make mistakes with the addresses unlike the older and more experienced carriers.

Is anyone else also having this problem and, if so, do you know any more about this?

Many thanks!

Others dispute this, rushing it seems to support the Thai Post Office at Hangdong, but for the past three years or so, I have had countless items which I know to have been posted in the UK not be delivered at my house. Curiously, my monthly pay/ pension statement from my former employer almost always arrives, it comes in the proverbial "plain brown envelope", but anything that looks "interesting" ( greetings cards mainly) almost always disappears without trace. My youngest son in the UK has sent me birthday cards, fathers day cards, and christmas cards and for three years now not a single one has arrived at my home.

Before anyone says it, yes, theres a small chance these could be disappearing in the UK, but on the balance of probabilities, hardly ever having lost mail in the UK for the 67 years of my life, I m pretty sure where the blame lies.

I have been fortunate for 3 years but this last year twice I have has things go missing one sent regular airmail

& the second sent sent Priority Air flat rate small box from the US

Both times I had a credit card replacement in there...No problems & no false charges later etc.

Also business cards so I would not have had a problem even if used...but I had them replaced

So I guess on the next one forwarded to me I have my daughter send via FedEx or DHL

The lack of tracking on the Priority Air did not help once it left US

I am not sure if their next step up ?? Express Mai? has tracking all the way or not?

But price wise it is same as FedEx at that point for document pouch so may as well use them instead.

Also I once had Bangkok Bank send things to US & that is what they used (FedEx)

I can say I have never lost any EMS packages from Europe to here never

I have not received mail from my sister several times. Another sister has sent me mail from a different area. It came no problem. I once had a credit card come in December. It had been mailed in August. I just had my sister send me my credit card. I told her to register it. The cost was $23 American. She told me that it would take up to 9 days to get to Thailand and they did not know how long after that before I got it. I received it in 10 working days.

There is often problems on the other end. Same with letters from my ex in Canada. none of it came through. She has moved and I am going to have her send a letter from her new location. See what happens.