Showing 800k thb in bank for OA visa?

Just wondering what immigration want to see re record of funds in bank 3 months prior to extending OA visa. I assume they want to see a deposit book or something showing funds in / deposit before three months and funds in the bank on the day of renewal. Or do they need more than that? Does anyone know the specific requirement?

Unless I go get my passbook updated every day how are they sure the money was in there everyday for 3 months? Persons with experience please

As said a passbook or statement (they are starting have statement accounts now) covering the required period of time and the letter from bank branch of account balance. You may also be asked for a transaction/atm slip from current day at some places, or in case of Bangkok have bank letter written same day (branches one floor down from immigration can do for most banks).

As said a passbook or statement (they are starting have statement accounts now) covering the required period of time and the letter from bank branch of account balance. You may also be asked for a transaction/atm slip from current day at some places, or in case of Bangkok have bank letter written same day (branches one floor down from immigration can do for most banks).

Yes I guess that should do It. I was thinking how would a passbook show balance everyday for 3 months but it shows credits and debits so if the balance fell below the required the passbook would show the withdrawal

One Post Edited

Forum Rule - 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Yes I guess that should do It. I was thinking how would a passbook show balance everyday for 3 months but it shows credits and debits so if the balance fell below the required the passbook would show the withdrawal

Of course the book shows only transactions (deposits, withdrawals with date and new balance).

And there comes a slight problem: some banks will not be able (top stupid) to do a balance print of the current day without transaction,

Bangkok Bank can do, SCB can not (as they told me).

So in these cases you have to do a transaction by putting some money in the account to get a new line printed.

For the letter to immigration the banks should have a template.

Some immigration offices can be very fussy about the correct formality.

I remember the case described here where a letter was refused because it was not correctly addressed to "head of immigration police region ..." (in Thai of course).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have a similar situation. I can't get a new line on my FD book, unless I make a transaction. I'm willing to add another FD, to get the freshest date possible, but them I'm worried that it would throw the letter vs. account out of balance. Some have stated that they are familiar with FDs...just another thing to worry about.