Best cinema for Star Wars

FritzB

What's the best place to see the new Star Wars movie? I live in Rayong but the local Cineplex volume levels are inhumane - can't watch anything without earplugs.

Also - do I need to book in advance?

Thanks!

Edited by FritzB

The best cinema for that would be the one that has no people doing Facebook, eating, talking, farting, moving around and generally being a complete pain in the a*se.

Sadly such a cinema doesnt exist in Thailand.

I shall watch it on my 65in TV, in splendid isolation.

Edited by KittenKong

I agree about the new Major Cineplex in Rayong, try sitting in the middle towards the top. The special vibratory base option reminds me of the Loma Perita earthquake.

Laemthong at least in the daytime isnt as bad.........

Wifey and I went to see the new Bond movie at the SFX cinema in Central Festival recently.

No Facebook, (that I noticed), subdued eating, no talking, no farting, (well, maybe the odd silent one), no moving around and no being a pain. But enough about me and wifey, the audience were the same. ;-)

The volume was at a reasonable level, certainly not painful.

I was glad I remembered that it's sometimes a good idea to take a coat to the cinema, as it was a bit chilly and the coats were needed.

The chairs were comfortable enough and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening out. (We went for the showing at around 5:00).

We didn't book in advance.

Edited by Swamp Thing

Central Festival

Went to see Spectre on first day, full theatre. No FB, no telephones, no noise, no eating.

I can't recall a bad movie experience in Pattaya, not at Central, and not at Major Cineplex at Avenue, when it was the nicest theatre in town.

No noise, FB-cell phones, eating (mouth open of course)?

=no way!

What's the best place to see the new Star Wars movie? I live in Rayong but the local Cineplex volume levels are inhumane - can't watch anything without earplugs.

Also - do I need to book in advance?

Thanks!

earplugs are 20 baht, just watch it at Rayong.

For Pattaya

Central Festival Pattaya beach Screen 3&4 is the big one, etiquette, talking and mobile use is depending on time of day and the kind of movie being shown,

First class screen is also available, nice comfy chair and popcorn+drinks included and price of entry seem to limit the raucous crowds somewhat but the screen is a bit small. Seems pretty booked on the premier date though

At Central in Pattaya there's also a special screen called 'The Porch' it sounds special and looks like a good occasion for a special night.... don't make the mistake of going there, it's a special bed in 'out door' setting (just means they have a window you can look out to the bay if you're bored with the film) I went there once and the guy in the bed next to mine was receiving quite a vigorous service rendered by lady of the oldest profession picked up from the beach.

For Pattaya

Central Festival Pattaya beach Screen 3&4 is the big one, etiquette, talking and mobile use is depending on time of day and the kind of movie being shown,

First class screen is also available, nice comfy chair and popcorn+drinks included and price of entry seem to limit the raucous crowds somewhat but the screen is a bit small. Seems pretty booked on the premier date though

At Central in Pattaya there's also a special screen called 'The Porch' it sounds special and looks like a good occasion for a special night.... don't make the mistake of going there, it's a special bed in 'out door' setting (just means they have a window you can look out to the bay if you're bored with the film) I went there once and the guy in the bed next to mine was receiving quite a vigorous service rendered by lady of the oldest profession picked up from the beach.

Ah, it's that kind of por...ch. Thanks for the warning.

Wifey and I went to see the new Bond movie at the SFX cinema in Central Festival recently.

No Facebook, (that I noticed), subdued eating, no talking, no farting, (well, maybe the odd silent one), no moving around and no being a pain. But enough about me and wifey, the audience were the same. ;-)

The volume was at a reasonable level, certainly not painful.

I was glad I remembered that it's sometimes a good idea to take a coat to the cinema, as it was a bit chilly and the coats were needed.

The chairs were comfortable enough and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening out. (We went for the showing at around 5:00).

We didn't book in advance.

In 1st Class & The Poorch they provide blankets.

Well, I suppose it beats Facebook. It beats farting too.

Well, if you want no lines and near empty spot try Major at The Avenue, otherwise head on over to SFX at Central Festival at the 11:00 am hour and hope they show the movie in theater number 4....biggest screen in Pattaya and roomy with good sound and not all that cold...???

• 2 weeks later...

We opted for SFX Cinema. It was OK. I would have preferred significantly lower volume levels, but TiT I guess. Not as bad as Major Cineplex in Rayong. Didn't notice any disturbing behaviour from fellow attendees (screen no. 4 at noon).