Who Hijacked All The Tourists & The Cool Season ?

freedomnow

Well its cool enough for me to put a shirt on in the morning,

around the house,till it warms up,plus we got the duvet out

as its cool at night,no need for A/c or fans.one thing i know

I could not survive a winter back in the UK.

regards Worgeordie

Still more than a few tour busses out and about.....

We live off the canal road and lots of erractically driven silver minivans + songtows filled with backpacker types seen about every time I go on the road and we're active with two kids in the mix....

Since they've cut it through to Doi Lo it has become a very (too) busy thoroughfare....

Possibly moving a good share of folks differently from years past - as it was not available before....

Was in Pai last week. Very quiet, and barely cool at all in the evenings. I suppose things will liven up with King's Birthday coming up. None the less, it was a far cry from several years ago when I had to don a woolen jersey and sleep under 3 duvets.

As has been written in several articles, Thais are quite pessimistic with regards to the economy, and so are being careful with their spending. So it's no surprise if there are not so many locals around.

As far as foreign tourists are concerned, I don't think the North has the pull it used to. While the beaches in the South are still an attractive proposition, the likes of Vietnam, Laos, and increasingly, Myanmar, offer far more interesting and unique mountain orientated experiences.

19 C outside our house most mornings. Cool enough. Expect it to drop to 14 C in a few weeks. Seems normal to me, so far.

Yes the mornings are normal but 33 degrees at Hang Dong at 1pm ,that aint normal

Buy a new thermometer or move. Max of 31 where I live.

Busloads of Chinese and Japanese around, although the stall holders don't like the Chinese because no price is low enough for them.

Bar girls on Loi Kroh are having a hard time, figuratively speaking only. Very few falangs in the bars, seems to be a lot of young female backpackers of Western origin.

Might pick up for New Year, but I doubt it. Some of the restaurants I go to don't appear to have as many customers as last year in high season.

Busloads of Chinese and Japanese around, although the stall holders don't like the Chinese because no price is low enough for them.

Bar girls on Loi Kroh are having a hard time, figuratively speaking only. Very few falangs in the bars, seems to be a lot of young female backpackers of Western origin.

Might pick up for New Year, but I doubt it. Some of the restaurants I go to don't appear to have as many customers as last year in high season.

Sounds to me like there is terrific business potential here!

Forget the low-ballers who might be Chinese! Learn a little Chinese and send them to a cheaper place a.k.a. "nice to know you""bye bye" come back again" and "wait a second! - let me take your picture so I will remember you"

Cater to those female backpackers! There is definitely money there if handled with care.

Don't be lazy - get out and hustle!

*** for a refresher course on how to hustle - go to Cambodia for a minimum of 1 day!

Same time last year it was COLD in CM. This year a little cool. But the airport is a crazy nightmare. Due to added direct flights from China?

Flew out of CM yesterday for Samui, Security line ran almost to the McDonald s. Yes, it;s crazy.

It is nice to know that CM is thriving in spite of what we hear on the streets and read elsewhere! I'll pass this message on to the local Thais and wrap it with a red ribbon and sign it with" Message from long-toothed Farangs"

don't worry, they will fully grasp the meaning!

Cool Season has bypassed Bangkok. All regional cities, Kuala Lumpur, Saigon, Hanoi, Singapore all cooled off....BKK has been between 33 and 36 every day for 3 or 4 weeks now....and night no relief as humidity spikes making it brutal. arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Cool Season has bypassed Bangkok. All regional cities, Kuala Lumpur, Saigon, Hanoi, Singapore all cooled off....BKK has been between 33 and 36 every day for 3 or 4 weeks now....and night no relief as humidity spikes making it brutal. arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Relax man, see a pharmacist! sleep naked and fan yourself (no , forget the cucumber - try a leaf of napa cabbage)