White Box

Shot

What happened to this place? I remember several months ago it was on the chopping block. Than the usual “blah blah blah” and they had to get rid of the top floor or something like that. I just drove past for the first time in awhile and it looks like instead of getting rid of the top floor, they have attempted some sort of improvement. The outside has been covered in glossy white tile, and it now looks like a giant urinal. IMHO

Exactly, I drove by 3 days ago. Nothing changed looking from the road, the illegal 3rd floor has been developed. No idea if the illegal patio out front is still there as cannot see from driving past.

Noticed the same a few days ago............most likely a large brown envelope or two changed hands!

It was bought out by the Watermark Group a couple years ago but they since have fallen on hard times, a couple of their Lemoncello's gone under. They also took on the French manager of Whitebox a Mark Antoine Audebert or something like that (he of ruining Red Room Bangtao, took a jazz-rock club and thought old folks up there would like BKK techno) I doubt he's still around.

For Merijn's experience have to believe that was a sublet/party rent scenario, maybe they did bring in McDonalds.

My thought is Watermark has leased it out to try and get a little cash flow.

It was bought out by the Watermark Group a couple years ago but they since have fallen on hard times, a couple of their Lemoncello's gone under. They also took on the French manager of Whitebox a Mark Antoine Audebert or something like that (he of ruining Red Room Bangtao, took a jazz-rock club and thought old folks up there would like BKK techno) I doubt he's still around.

For Merijn's experience have to believe that was a sublet/party rent scenario, maybe they did bring in McDonalds.

Unfortunately the party and food was organized by White Box them self with matching price.

Unfortunately the party and food was organized by White Box them self with matching price.

Which is probably why ol boy WatermarkRoberto and Co., might not be doing so well. Crappy food + high prices = poor business.