Motorbike stuff

Nick ZepTepi

Hello,

Well I'm now aproud owner of a Yamaha Scooter/Moped/Motorbike - Whats the usual term here?

I've looked in Big C and Tesco but I can't seem to find tings like sun visor to fit my helmet, a good brake disc lock, is there such a thing as mobile phone holder so I can use the Sat-Nav function on my phone.

Names and locations would be appriciated.

Thanks

There are tons of these shops.

If you know Sridonchai Road off the south-eastern moat's corner and follow it towards Pantip Plaza, and slowdown just as you pass the 7/11 then you will see a shop that will have more than you need and at favourable prices.

It's called Helmets to Home. Owner speaks a little English too. Lots of goodies in there. His wife owns another shop down Chang Puak Rd.

Another option is the Honda aftermarket shop down the road that goes to the bus station. It's on the right a few shops past the Honda bike dealership. Sangchai Panich (Or something like that) is the name of the place.

Disc locks are not a waste of money, they will deter the average chancer. Obviously an organised team could still lift it but then a chain won't stop determined thiefs...

Safest is to park it inside your house if possible or if outside then park it next to a similar bike that has no disc lock :)

I’ve not used any security for my bikes in Thailand, but then I don’t live in a city. I do however think using some security device is a good idea if you have to park the bike up for long periods in a built up area.

Not wishing to teach anyone to suck eggs if you’re going to use a disc lock make sure have a visual indicator that your disc lock is fitted, (Something big colourful and bold on your twist grip) If you don’t there will come a time you get on and go to ride off having forgot it’s on the disc, you’ll hurt yourself, damage the bike and look like a Muppet.

I did it once as a young rider, thankfully just the once, but I’ve see lots of riders hurting themselves in this way….. Just saying.

Oh and the locals call them ‘Motorcy,’ Motorcycle…… To me there scooters.

Enjoy your bike…..