Video: Giant snake caught in Bang Khlo, Bangkok

The catching of a snake is not too complicated; what I would love to know is what they did with it afterwards ? ? ?

I sincerely hope that Buddhist principles were applied here and that they did NOT kill the creature . . . . . . .

wai.gif

The catching of a snake is not too complicated; what I would love to know is what they did with it afterwards ? ? ?

I sincerely hope that Buddhist principles were applied here and that they did NOT kill the creature . . . . . . .

wai.gif

No they are released far away I believe.

I do the same. Fortunately they aren't as big as that!

Not giant at all. Still young. Reticulated python can grow up much more than that. Pretty aggressive specimen by the way but not particularly dangerous for humans at least at that size. I would be much more worried of a 20 cm baby cobra or krait

that wasnt big, ive had much bigger snakes in my garden, reticulated pythons that ate the entire cat population in my moo baan was found next to my breakfast table few years back. Called the radio station they came and caught it, they aid they would take it to a national park but it may be someones handbag more than likely by now.

Leve him be as he will keep the stray soi dogs in check.This ones only about six to eight years old.

A snake like that represents a clear danger to small children and should be dropped off in a remote jungle or killed. Also, I love dogs so I would have no problem killing that snake in order to save a dog.

wai.gif

they probably ate it alive mate....

Hmmmm...Giant Snake?

Larger than most snakes you may come across...but far from Giant.

30 feet would be considered Giant.

But that one in the video would do what large snakes tend to do best.........that being: Scare the Bejesus out of most people.

Cheers

wai.gif

they probably ate it alive mate....

I was thinking the patrons of the Guy Yang / Kow-Neeow shops in the area may be interested in some snake delicacy on the side...served with Som Tum and Mekong Whisky on Ice.

Edited by gemguy