Bars in Ubon

Isan Farang

I usually stayed at Outside Inn when overnighting in Ubon, Friendly guy running the place, good food, cozy place and good rooms no idea about the beer but its the place that would have a few imports. I believe they had Beer Lao when I were there last but it were then about a year ago hit and miss if they could get it delivered.

I usually stayed at Outside Inn when overnighting in Ubon, Friendly guy running the place, good food, cozy place and good rooms no idea about the beer but its the place that would have a few imports. I believe they had Beer Lao when I were there last but it were then about a year ago hit and miss if they could get it delivered.

My choice too. With the unfortunate lack of stock control experienced in all Macro's, I'm not surprised about the BL situation

My choice too. With the unfortunate lack of stock control experienced in all Macro's, I'm not surprised about the BL situation

On the Makro deal Ubon is not to bad. I was there a few days ago and they had 2 pallets of the BL sitting up on a storage rack.

When I go there I pull around 12 box at a time and when I get down to two its back for a top up. Best to do your own stock control

On the Makro deal Ubon is not to bad. I was there a few days ago and they had 2 pallets of the BL sitting up on a storage rack.

When I go there I pull around 12 box at a time and when I get down to two its back for a top up. Best to do your own stock control

Actually, now I think about it, I am always looking for the 'Dark'

Sorry

Actually, now I think about it, I am always looking for the 'Dark'

Sorry

When you head to Makro Ubon they sometimes don't have any on the ground level. In that beer section have a look higher up on the racks against the wall and you will spot the boxes on a pallet. Last week they had both the dark and light.

I remember that Makro had issues keeping stock ( like Beer Laos ), but since about a year now I never had issues getting Beer Laos from them. The only problem I mostly ran into was trying to get a case between 2 and 5pm.

Coffee Hol has a great selection of Belgium beers, including many of my favorite beers (Rochefort, Kwak, Kasteel, Orval, Westmalle, etc). Peppers has several nice German beers I always enjoy while in there. Maybe Julian will remind me of the one I love but always forget the name of =). Our place (The Outside Inn) carries the aforementioned Lao Dark and Lao regular, plus Corona, Hoegaarden, and the usual suspects San Miguel Light and Heineken.

Coffee Hol has a great selection of Belgium beers, including many of my favorite beers (Rochefort, Kwak, Kasteel, Orval, Westmalle, etc). Peppers has several nice German beers I always enjoy while in there. Maybe Julian will remind me of the one I love but always forget the name of =). Our place (The Outside Inn) carries the aforementioned Lao Dark and Lao regular, plus Corona, Hoegaarden, and the usual suspects San Miguel Light and Heineken.

I will give that Coffee Hol a try

Any idea whare I could find this one ?

post-1136-0-59176200-1449474436_thumb.jp

attachicon.gifwQDoHma_1024x1024.jpg

Erdinger Pikantus is the one you like :)

We do not carry the Franziskaner Weissbier, but carry a few different Weissbiers from Erdinger...both breweries practically neighbors :). We are currently out of stock of the Erdinger Weissbier ( new stock in on Thursday....supposedly ). We do have Erdingers seasonal Winterbeer "Schneeweisse" and a few others. And while it is not a wheatbeer, we also have a fairly unique beer to Thailand "Bitburger"...that is a love it or hate it type of beer

Maybe Norbies place in Surin, N&N international restaurant ?

Many thanks for that link as per his website he has the one I am looking for

I will make a trip to Surin and check out his shop/restaurant

post-1136-0-07977400-1449538835_thumb.jp

attachicon.gif15361.jpg

I don't live in Ubon, but you would really make a 6 hour round trip to buy a few cases of beer? Honest question, I'm just wondering.

attachicon.gif15361.jpg

I don't live in Ubon, but you would really make a 6 hour round trip to buy a few cases of beer? Honest question, I'm just wondering.

Sounds like the perfect excuse for a night (or2) away, to me

Ubon Makro has had BL (both types) every time I've been in to buy it over the course of this year Dilli. I've bought on about 6 different occasions. They don't keep a huge stock (only 3 left when I passed by the beer last week) but that's a good thing - you can usually get it reasonably fresh that way. Maybe you were just unlucky - I did see a guy walking out of there with a couple of trolley's worth a month or two back!

[Not an allcy, but I do buy for a bunch of beer lovers, aka Ubon Hash House Harriers.]

Check out our Happy Xmas/New Year Hash bar crawl around Ubon (town, not province) on the evening of Monday 28th December!

www.facebook/ubonhash.com

[All welcome - you don't have to run - it is a crawl after all!]

I made contact with Norbies and he told me no Franziskaner available. The good news is I have found a supplier who will have available stock around February. I done an online order from the following company https://www.wishbeer.com/en/386-beers on Tuesday and the following was delivered to my home in Ubon yesterday. The service is spot on and the packing is excellent. The pick up driver calls you first to arrange a delivery time.

post-1136-0-60787800-1449798070_thumb.jp