Money back from True?

petedk

I have read several threads recently about the slow Internet in Thailand.

The last 2 months or so I seem to be having massive problems with True.

I am paying for 15 mbs but very rarely get that. In fact it is often down to 0.8 mbs.

Everytime I complain to True it seems to improve (without them coming round to do anything), only to drop in speed again after 2 or 3 days.

There are also constant fall outs (like right now), where I have no Internet.

Is there any consumer protection organisation that I could complain to?

Is it worth it as I can't really think of a good alternative to True.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Welcome to the club. I am also on True and except for rare instances, have never been able to get consistant internet speeds, never mind anything close to what I am (presumably) paying for. It really went to hell around the middle of September, that was around the time the 'Great Firewall of Thailand' news broke. Coincidence? I think not.

As for money back from True to get back to the OP. I can't talk about their internet service, but I've had their satellite service for years, gradually downgrading, removing boxes, Trying to get the credit back in terms of cash has proven to be an impossible.

Couple of years back I just gave up and have resigned myself to using the 'credit' to fund future annual service.

I suspect the best you can ever expect is a credit for future service

I had a 2000B deposit with True for satellite dish and receiver. On cancelling my agreement, I returned the equipment and was told I would get my deposit back a month later.

After months of hassle, I gave up. I then had a seperate internet service with them. The deposit came up in one of my conplaints about the internet service, could it be used to cover my bills? No, True Visions and True Internet are not the same company. But the rep did confirm that she could get the deposit back to me as it was still on my account as a credit. Several months later, again it turned out that they could not do it. They admitted they owed me money, but they could not refund it.

I ended up leaving a rented house, called to cancel the connection with 1500B unpaid bills and a wireless router that I was supposed to return. That made 2000B in my eyes. I called customer services and told them to use my old deposit to pay the remainder of my balance. "Not possible, different company". Told them to go <deleted>, three years later they haven't chased me for the cash.

Never will I use their services again. Terrible, terrible company.

• 4 weeks later...

I have nearly completed my first month with True....... what a load of ****!!.

I can't believe that this company claims to offer internet......i've had shutdowns, slow speeds and now they have put in a new modem saying the first one they put in was "no good" - why dis they install it then???

I can't change yet, but at the first opportunity, I'll either revert to god ol' TOT (i NEVER thought I'd say that!) or 3BB who appear to want 6 months in advance.

basically I thought i'd bought an internet product, in reality I bought into a litany of nebulous claims excuses and inaction.

I got a 30/3 Docsis True connection.. Had it 5 days. Everyday had to call due to evening throttling. Finally on the advice of the call center I cancelled and took all the equipment including cabling back to a True shop.. After 30 minutes of them telling me they couldn't cancel, they handed me a cancellation form.. Problem is they didn't actually cancel.. Idiots!

They told me that they couldn't improve my wi-fi signal range....and then the whole system went wrong and they fitted a new modem ...... with a better wi-fi range!

If it is the wifi signal in your room, you can link the True router to an airport extreme from Apple. Their own modems are so cheap they can't handle the speed.

They told me that they couldn't improve my wi-fi signal range....and then the whole system went wrong and they fitted a new modem ...... with a better wi-fi range!

If it is the wifi signal in your room, you can link the True router to an airport extreme from Apple. Their own modems are so cheap they can't handle the speed.

You missed the point - that being the True told me they could do nothing...and then in another moment actually did it.......and admitted the router I had been given in the fist place was no good.

I've recently upgraded from just a tv package to a fiber optic one with tv and Internet. All installed within 2 weeks, old boxes taken away and deposit refunded within a month. I found their English speaking helpline to be very good. They even called to check if I was happy with the new service. Heaps better than CTH.