Reasonable Place to Stay in Central London

My kids have never seen London and I haven't been there since the sex pistols went down the Thames singing God Save the Queen.

I'm looking for ideas on a reasonable place to stay. Any ideas?

Also, how many days stay there? Museum, Palace, Eye, Big Ben, Tower Bridge - 2 days?

Cheers

Oh also any cheap flights?

The County Hotel ,part of Imperial Hotels group. ,Upper Woburn Place ,very near to Euston Station and Russell square .A bit old but cheap for London .Price includes breakfast .Also www.booking.com are good for finding places.

Look at Travelodge (the chain of hotels) and perhaps stay just outside of London and take the tube in for sight seeing. Also Premier Inn chain for similar. Also also, when are you thinking of going, that affects price hugely?

Yes that's the one---Travelodge---if you book far enough ahead, (4-6 months) your get peak time for about 20 quid a night in the Westminster one, short walk to the eye, & you will get the tour bus (open top) from there with the Thames river cruise for same price.

(There were a few cheap Thai restaurants in the back streets also)--Get an oyster card if your going to travel London.

Might be worth looking at YHA/HI youth-hostels, especially if the OPs' children are reaching the age where they may be starting to travel the world independently, the low-cost international-atmosphere is something they will find useful in the future ?

http://www.yha.org.uk/places-to-stay/london

Standards have improved tremendously, unfortunately prices have also rise, since the days we oldies would set-off on our bicycles or with a rucksack, to see how far we might get on a very limited budget ! rolleyes.gif