I want to find English native friends for exchanging languages to each other

MynicknameGRAPH

Hello, I am Graph. I am 22 years old. I am a Thai native person, I am really interested in American English.Now I am praticing an American accent but my skill is not good so I would like to find some friends to exchange our languages to each other. I am in Bangkok ^^. I have positive attitude to teach you Thai. leave a comment please

You are wise to seek American English. 2/3 of the world's native English speakers are in the US. American English is the language of the internet, of most technical writings, and of world trade.

By contrast, only 16% of native English speakers are in the UK, and about 5% each in Canada and Australia. Link

The world has changed and you are making a good choice. Good luck with your venture. I'm not there to work with you or I would.

Cheers.

Mickey Mouse English is alright for conveying most information and for basic communication but you'll miss out on the canon of classic English literature as well as the English translations of classic European and Russian literature that exemplify the beauty and complexity of the language.

You could 'go the whole hog', go AIPE (American Indian Pidgin English) enabling you to 'go native' if you ever got to North America!

Also, if you're going 'American', you should change your nickname to Graf - 'ph' is too complicated and elaborate!

IMO, if you're making the effort to learn the language, you might as well learn the real thing, American English is only a dumbing-down of proper English so if you've learnt proper English, you'll have no trouble deciphering American English, however, the other way around is not so easy.

Good luck and apart from the 'American' bit, I think your idea is sound.

• 2 weeks later...

" praticing an American accent "

I can't discuss the subject , was is better ( I don't know enough English ) , but for the accent, English accent is more beautiful than American accent ( IMHO ) , but you are right, practice of English is very useful, it's THE international language