Cha Am Area Land Values?

Hey All,

My Thai fiance has not been back (other than our trip last year) for 10 years. She has some land outside Tha Am (outside Cha Am).

She was offered, by a family member, 5 rai for around 400,000 bt. It is contiguous to her 5 rai, so would make a nice parcel.

The land is currently used for rice, but is on a road, right in front of a canal (used for everything from bathing to cow washing) so could make a nice plot, once filled.

It's a nice area, but I am not sure of the price. She is wary of this relative, and no one else to ask.

I don't care to live there (our current plans are semi retirement in Thailand in 4-5 years).

She raised the thoughts of building a couple rentals (she has the money to construct them) but I am, again, wondering who would rent.

It's not far from the main road to Tha Am (and Cha Am is about 15-20 minutes away).

Anyone have any ideas of value?

Thanks!!

I have no idea on price, but if your fiance doens't trust her relative, then make sure that she is very careful on the land transfer if she decides to go ahead. She would have to be there and go to the land office with her Thai ID, tabian Bahn etc, and she would need to inspect the chanod to ensure there were no legal encumbrances noted on it before completing the sale.

I have no idea on price, but if your fiance doens't trust her relative, then make sure that she is very careful on the land transfer if she decides to go ahead. She would have to be there and go to the land office with her Thai ID, tabian Bahn etc, and she would need to inspect the chanod to ensure there were no legal encumbrances noted on it before completing the sale.

If we can figure out the value, and agree on the price (if different) we will probably take a quick trip over (although there is nothing quick about California to Thailand) and ensure the recording, etc are done.

Thanks!! :o

If the land is on a road which stays in good condition in the rainy season and if there is power to it or within a couple of hundred metres....then it probably is a reasonable price. I am basing this on the price of land in rural Chiangrai where I live. I know that the situation there for land prices could be different but I can't help but think that overall the land prices are at least the same if not higher than up here since it is such a desireable part of Thailand. In my neighborhood the going rate for what you describe is about 80,000 baht per rai...I paid 85,000 baht per rai for half of what I bought and 75,000 baht per rai for the other half.

You are right to be thinking that buying adjacent to current holdings is a good idea...usually......but...if you are having trouble thinking of what to do with the land then I'm wondering if its such a good deal for you whatever the price....unless this amount of money is a small investment in your overall scheme of things.

Chownah

If the land is on a road which stays in good condition in the rainy season and if there is power to it or within a couple of hundred metres....then it probably is a reasonable price. I am basing this on the price of land in rural Chiangrai where I live. I know that the situation there for land prices could be different but I can't help but think that overall the land prices are at least the same if not higher than up here since it is such a desireable part of Thailand. In my neighborhood the going rate for what you describe is about 80,000 baht per rai...I paid 85,000 baht per rai for half of what I bought and 75,000 baht per rai for the other half.

You are right to be thinking that buying adjacent to current holdings is a good idea...usually......but...if you are having trouble thinking of what to do with the land then I'm wondering if its such a good deal for you whatever the price....unless this amount of money is a small investment in your overall scheme of things.

Chownah

Thanks for the reply!

Road is good, and power, etc close. It is in the center of what can best be described as a small village. Mainly, but not all, relatives. Around 20 homes, and a temple nearby.

Thanks again!

i'd find out if the land ever floods. dont ask the seller, go see for yourself during the rainy season.

make sure its got full chanote (ownership title)

have a lawyer (cheap in thailand) check if theres any money owed on the land etc.

but if you say 400k for 5 rai, thats 80k per rai, sounds pretty cheap to me compared to land i bought in chiang rai, (which is another market though)

and simplest of all, is it something you can resell? would someone want this land?

Thanks again for the replys,

She lived across the street for her first 24 years, up until 10 years ago, so flooding she says is not an issue. As for checking the history of the land (title, notes, etc) we will go there once the price is established, and agreed to, contingent on free title, etc.

I have looked at 1rai, nice site, with lots of properties.

Thanks again guys!!

Thanks again for the replys,

She lived across the street for her first 24 years, up until 10 years ago, so flooding she says is not an issue. As for checking the history of the land (title, notes, etc) we will go there once the price is established, and agreed to, contingent on free title, etc.

I have looked at 1rai, nice site, with lots of properties.

Thanks again guys!!

Thank you very much for the compliment - our aim is to please. Obviously, with nothing specific to Tha Am, 1Rai.com can only be of limited help - until we find a broker local to Tha Am.

1Rai.com would like to offer all properties for sale, rent or lease by anyone legally entitled to do so - if you know of anyone (developers, agents or local Thai brokers), please ask them to sign up for a free 30-day trial for our service and I will call them personally.

It is for everybody's benefit.