Anyone else sick of all the rain? Bring on the drought...:-)

chicowoodduck

I think I am pretty much over all the rain crap each day here in Pattaya.....sun in the morning and a good down pour about the 2/3 pm hour or later each day for the past six months.....sick of all the wet crap.....and buying all those umbrellas stacked in my condo like firewood...?

Edited by CharlieH
upside down images removed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please send the rain northward!

I would be happy to have it here.

Most of the country suffers a heavy drought and a serious water crisis in sight.

Exactly, here (locally) no Rain for almost a month now.

But the villagers who are drying their rice out are happy that is doesn't rain

Last week, 9 villages in Phi Mai were already having to purchase water off lorries for their home use at the end of the "rain season".

East Pattaya Maprachan was looking very, very grim when I was out there a few months ago. You Sin City folks have been pulled from the breach, so quit moaning and be thankful for the gift from the clouds.

So on top of all the other crap you guys have to deal with in Pattaya, the weather sucks too? I can never understand why anyone would choose to live in that place.

May be because in Pattaya we don't get smoked out 6 months a year?

Well, you could if you wanted to, in more ways than one. biggrin.png

"Without the bitterness of winter, you can't enjoy the warmth of spring"

- Ho Chi Min -

Nice quote..the advantage being that Ho Chi Min got to enjoy the winter and then change of season. Hanoi and northwards have an awesome cool winter.

I think that here it's just rain and humidity by varying degrees. Chiang Mai is cooler but nowhere near as cold as Northern Vietnam gets. Having said that I think the weather here is pretty nice at the moment, better than frying in March and April.

Bring it on , saves me having to go out and water the garden(yes we do have them here in Pattaya, but to listen to some who only know walking street you would think life stops there) if you want to live your lives in Nakon Nowhere ,up to you ,

Last week, 9 villages in Phi Mai were already having to purchase water off lorries for their home use at the end of the "rain season".

East Pattaya Maprachan was looking very, very grim when I was out there a few months ago. You Sin City folks have been pulled from the breach, so quit moaning and be thankful for the gift from the clouds.

It is December 6th 2015.

2 weeks ago the government water supply to the villages around here stopped for a couple of days then came back again.

Last Thursday it stopped again but it has not come back yet.

I have lived up here in rural Khampaeng Phet for 12 years and I have NEVER seen this happen before.

Usually the water supply stops around March and comes back again in May but the periods of no water supply are getting longer and that of water supply are getting water are shorter.

To the OP.

Stop whining. At least when you turn the tap on you get water.

Millions of Thais and farangs as well don't always get that luxury.

Anyone that "Lives" more than a month here knows where to go & at which times to go. Go home..."Tourist"! If you live here less than 300 days a year, you're a part-timer

I haven't left Thailand since 26th May 2009.

I guess that must make me a full timer. If I could stay longer I would be an overtimer.

Anyone that "Lives" more than a month here knows where to go & at which times to go. Go home..."Tourist"! If you live here less than 300 days a year, you're a part-timer

Some of us are not obliged to stay in locales that do not meet our standards. No one sane sticks around during Songkran, and I am quite happy to be outside of Thailand when dengue and malaria infections are at their peak.

I haven't left Thailand since 26th May 2009.

I guess that must make me a full timer. If I could stay longer I would be an overtimer.

Ive lived here since 2006 but often do field trips outside of Thailand for work. So far this year I have been away for 55 days and am considering going home for the last 2 weeks of this year.

That will bring my total days living here this year to under 300, I guess iam a part timer.

Some of us are not obliged to stay in locales that do not meet our standards. No one sane sticks around during Songkran, and I am quite happy to be outside of Thailand when dengue and malaria infections are at their peak.

Dengue...malaria...what century are you from? Thailand is an industrialized Nation!

Dengue...malaria...what century are you from? Thailand is an industrialized Nation!

PM calls for destruction of mosquito breeding grounds

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/pm-calls-for-destruction-of-mosquito-breeding-grounds/121910/

Apart from the odd down pour in the night, never seen any rain, boiling hot and bone dry here.

Rained 3 times (in the night) that I am aware of in the last two months.

and here is?

Im In Pranburi had a quite a reasonable amount of rain this year unlike a few years back when it was bone dry

Apart from the odd down pour in the night, never seen any rain, boiling hot and bone dry here.

Rained 3 times (in the night) that I am aware of in the last two months.

and here is?

Im In Pranburi had a quite a reasonable amount of rain this year unlike a few years back when it was bone dry

I'm in Chumphon and agree with the OP. I bought a new bike a couple of months ago. My money would have been better spent on a sodding canoe... Edited by baboon

One of the most ignorant posts I have read today.

Where are you from???

You have absolutely no clue.