Why no notifications of replys to topics.

Liquorice

I know my settings are OK because I get notification of reply's to topics I've posted in the majority of times.

However for certain topics I never receive any notifications.

Sometimes I receive a 'like' and revisit the topic only to find two pages of replies without any notifications.

A member may have asked me a question in relation to the information I posted days before, which then leaves me feeling rather ignorant that I didn't reply.

Why does this happen?

Can not answer that as have never used that system - I click my name at top right and click on "my content" and then view items with the unread star. Seems to work well. But will show again if item is moved to a new forum area.

It depends on the date the original topic and your original response was created.

If either fall withing a 2015 Jan - 2015 July windows then it's very likely that the ThaiVisa forum system won't be able to create notifications to due a major database error that was in play during those dates. Similar 'database' errors may cause other notifications to go missing on certain topic. Notifications are not guaranteed.

For this reason, I keep a few bookmark for my favorite ThaiVisa forums and ThaiVisa Control Panel links for

ThaiVisa - Content I Follow

ThaiVisa - My Content, [content I created] (link has my specific user ID#. Your's is available from the Control Panel)

Clicking these links I can quickly scan for any entries in bold, indicating posts have been added.

Every once in a while I come across replies or quoted posts that didn't show up in the notifications system for whatever reason.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll check 'My Content' in the future and not purely rely on notifications.

This only occurred in the last month Rich. It was just a few certain topics I didn't get any notifications of reply's, even though I made two or three posts.

It was as if that particular topic just wasn't sending notifications.