Kerry's 'one state' comments cause consternation in Israel

webfact

Without major changes to thinking by Netanyahu and his cronies, there may not be a state of Israel to argue about in another few years. No tears from me. The Israelis had their chance and blew it. Too busy finding excuses for their land grab to worry about their grandchildren.

Yes, well understood, the Israel demonization agenda is all about either openly or indirectly supporting the end of the state of Israel. I wouldn't celebrate the end of Israel prematurely.

Question is perhaps less to do with Israel's survival (albeit a relevant one), and more with which Israel survives.

I think that if current condition persist (which is to say things will get worse) many supporters of Israel would find it harder to do so. It would also erode the number of those Israelis which do not subscribe to religious right-wing policies.

Without major changes to thinking by Netanyahu and his cronies, there may not be a state of Israel to argue about in another few years. No tears from me. The Israelis had their chance and blew it. Too busy finding excuses for their land grab to worry about their grandchildren.

Yes, well understood, the Israel demonization agenda is all about either openly or indirectly supporting the end of the state of Israel. I wouldn't celebrate the end of Israel prematurely.

Question is perhaps less to do with Israel's survival (albeit a relevant one), and more with which Israel survives.

I think that if current condition persist (which is to say things will get worse) many supporters of Israel would find it harder to do so. It would also erode the number of those Israelis which do not subscribe to religious right-wing policies.

Yes I hear that.

For liberal American Jews (most are), the largest population of Jews excepting Israel, it's already rather a dance to support Israel. Obviously supporting the existence and defense of Israel doesn't have to (and generally doesn't) mean supporting all the government policies of Israel but there are limits. For some liberal Jews the limits have already been crossed. That is sad.