Best dashcam car video recorder

madhav

Been thinking for a while that it might be worth getting one. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a camera that record the road in front of you while driving and in the event of any accident (highly probable here in Samui) it can be used as evidence.

There are plenty on Lazada but wondering if anyone has any personal experience and can recommend one.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Would you believe I was driving in Samui and a car came to a stop in from of me, and then proceeded to reverse into a car park without looking to check if there was anyone behind first He smashed into my car. He got out, looked at the damage and blamed the whole incident on me saying that I smashed into him!

Of course it is these kind of situations where a dashcam would have been perfect because insurance companies and police almost always assume the car from behind is at fault.

Unfortunately the camera hadn't arrived yet however a senior police officer arrived and took pics and he could clearly see I wasn't at fault. Anyhow lesson learned.

• 3 weeks later...