The Mountain Restaurant

roo860

Head up towards Doi Suthep, about 700 metres past the zoo you will see the Navy Siesmic Research Centre, TURN DIRECTLY RIGHT, Its about 100 metres down this narrow road. Can park off road just before the restaurant. Or if you have mbike can park right outside.

It's only been open about a month, been there 3 times and really enjoyed it, great food and very reasonable prices. Open 7 days a week from 11am to 10pm. The owner/chef worked at La Casa Italian restaurant on the Canal Rd at Phucome Intersection.post-222557-14494788530704_thumb.jpg

My favourite is the grilled pork salad, homemade dressing, slightly spicy, spare ribs is another winner for me.

I think a big Leo is 60bt.

Well worth a look if you are around there.

post-222557-14494784828973_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494788730395_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494788940496_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494789105477_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494789366253_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494789543935_thumb.jpg

post-222557-14494789824373_thumb.jpg

Edited by roo860

I thought they were cracking down on cafes etc in the National Park. Or was it just Valley Cafe, behind Doi Kham?

Right, but if it's on the property of that Thai Navy station then that won't really apply. ;)

Anyway the food looks like a very typical Thai interpretation of Western food, but the prices do reflect that so I'd be inclined to try it when in the area.

Any good views/surroundings?

I thought they were cracking down on cafes etc in the National Park. Or was it just Valley Cafe, behind Doi Kham?

Right, but if it's on the property of that Thai Navy station then that won't really apply. wink.png

Anyway the food looks like a very typical Thai interpretation of Western food, but the prices do reflect that so I'd be inclined to try it when in the area.

I know, but I wanted to post, anyway wink.png

Question, the dressing on that salad....was it sweet?

The mayo type dressing is not too sweet, tell them not to put any on, it's the one that's put on first is the best, I was spooning it up after, it isn't mayo.!!!! Edited by roo860

Right, but if it's on the property of that Thai Navy station then that won't really apply. ;)

Not much in viewing area, they do have permission from the Navy Station. My wife got all the ins and outs.

Not much in viewing area, they do have permission from the Navy Station. My wife got all the ins and outs.

And if you are lucky i heard the frigate docks once and week....that'll be nice to see.

Any good views/surroundings?Not much in viewing area, they do have permission from the Navy Station. My wife got all the ins and outs.

I think I used the wrong phrase, should have said, My wife got all the info.!!

Edited by roo860

went there for a look last night,sorry im sure they do great food,but im not that adventuress,its certinally off the beaten track,the missus did not want to no,dont blame here really the place,did not suit us,but maybe suit some people.bit of a back of behond though,scary really.

Just came back, and both of us found the location really nice, and the 4 dishes we had remarkably delicious. Even though it's 20 km away from our place we'll come back soon and recommend "The Mountain" without reservation.

Went there for lunch today, and it wasn't special.

700m up from the Zoo, 30m from the main road on the right.

I went there with Phones .....

post-233622-0-83058700-1449743357_thumb.

Food was OK, same quality as Workers Cafe/Mo'C Mo'L but slightly more expensive.

Setting wasn't all that good, 3 or 4 tables outside in the sun, hard chairs, little or no shade, no view, road noise.

WiFi was good, but not a place to hang out, more an eat and go.

Spag Bol 85bht.

Workers Cafe is so much better with a fantastic view of the river. 50m down from the superhighway on the river road (near big Tesco).

Spag Bol 65bht.

Mo'C Mo'L is so much more comfortable (sofa's and air-con). 50m up from the Canal Road/Huay Keow traffic lights.

Doubt I'll go again.

So many quality places to eat for reasonable prices in CM, don't see how the out of the way ones can survive.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

^^

A lot of these places seem to have exactly the same menu and the same taste.

I'm thinking somewhere is a western guy bulk selling single frozen portions of each dish to 10 different Cafes with microwaves.

umm could have a point there,always thought my ordered food was cooked there and then,fresh,but you never no.be interesting if any one have any insight on the subject,dont want my bubble to be burst though,if you no what I mean,

^^

A lot of these places seem to have exactly the same menu and the same taste.

I'm thinking somewhere is a western guy bulk selling single frozen portions of each dish to 10 different Cafes with microwaves.

Opposite Furama and mountain restaurant apparently have a similar menu, anymore?

Edited by roo860

as I said before the small restaurant across the road from furama,has the same menu,and give or take the same prices wonder if same chef, as mountain guy branching out,he certinally does nice food

So you weren't too scared there then? I would be, have seen all those tour buses going down there to unload the Chinese at Furama, must be like Arcade BS.

as I said before the small restaurant across the road from furama,has the same menu,and give or take the same prices wonder if same chef, as mountain guy branching out,he certinally does nice food

So you weren't too scared there then? I would be, have seen all those tour buses going down there to unload the Chinese at Furama, must be like Arcade BS.

yes interesting watching the coming and going,the odd time I went there,little bit better than a empty dirt road and nothing.