Getting a motorbike driving liicense in Samui now. No waiting for weeks or months?

In Phuket one has to wait for 3 months to take an exam. Therefore I'm going to move to Samui to get a temporary motorbike driving license there. What's the status there, is it possible to get it in 2 days as usually: one day to prepare the document and one to take the exam? No need to wait?

And also, for how long is a temporary motorbike driving license valid now: 1 or 2 years?

Unless things have changed, you need a letter from Immigration (500 baht, I think) letter from a doctor to say you are still alive, (100 to 150 baht or there abouts!)

Be at the motor vehicle branch in Lipa Noi early (before 9 am ) dressed in smart clothes... you should get your one year licence the same day.... (after a year you get a five year licence) around 300 baht if memory serves!

Various photocopies.... there are copy places on site.

They do various tests, colorblindness and a classroom setting .... "monkey see, monkey do".... if you already have a licence from overseas you should be done by noon... otherwise you'll have to do an afternoon session as well.

The stumbling block could be Immigration and verifying your "local" address? You would need to do that the day before! .... perhaps go ask MVB first!!!

Your address is put on the back of the licence....

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks, but my question isn't about that. I did it a few years ago. I'm asking whether or not I have to wait.

My address on back on my new license? Why? That's new. Needless to say, I can stay in a hotel for 2 days and leave on the 3rd day and still be able to verify my address.

Edited by Bezpoleznyak

Thanks, but my question isn't about that. I did it a few years ago. I'm asking whether or not I have to wait.

My address on back on my new license? Why? That's new. Needless to say, I can stay in a hotel for 2 days and leave on the 3rd day and still be able to verify my address.

No, providing you have your paperwork ready.... at least not seen anyone posting about a long term wait here...

I did say this...

"you should be done by noon" .

Address and passport number has always been on my licence, it is quite useful for ID purposes....