Acne

mazo

The past few weeks i have started to get realy bad acne on my back and front but not on my face. I have never had a problem with acne before not even as a teenager i am now 39. I have also started to get bad headaches and not sleeping to good anyone got any ideas to what it is. I eat good food and only drink once a week i go to the gym 4 times a week

I think you may find part of the problem is your lack of sleep.

My wife suffered from acne on her back and was advised by a dermatologist to try and reduce the stress from work (she’s a workaholic), take additional showers and increase the number of hours she sleeps each day.

That’s worked for her but returns whenever she goes back to her usual busy routine and 5 hour a day sleep pattern. She also gets frequent headaches when the acne appears.

I think you may find part of the problem is your lack of sleep.

My wife suffered from acne on her back and was advised by a dermatologist to try and reduce the stress from work (she’s a workaholic), take additional showers and increase the number of hours she sleeps each day.

That’s worked for her but returns whenever she goes back to her usual busy routine and 5 hour a day sleep pattern. She also gets frequent headaches when the acne appears.

Be careful to rule out staff infection. I'd have it cultured by a derm doc or anyone would do.

No fried foods and good clean diet for a while. if it's staff you'll get the appropriate antibiotic... :o

When I turned 50 I developed bad facial acne...also became diabetic. I've always had a sleeping disorder (must nap at least 2-3 times during the day) that also worsened. Interesting to know that there is a connection between lack of sleep and acne.

I went to the hospital in HCMC to get a prescription for insulin and the nurse looked at me and said 'how long have you had this condition?'...she was talking about my disfigured face...

Agree that reducing stress is key. Sleep more if possible. Meditate.

Also try changing your diet. Avoid spicy, sour and salty foods. (yeah, nearly impossible in Thailand). Acne is linked to an excess of pitta in your lifestyle according to Ayuvedic medicine.

Definitely cut down on stress and get more sleep as others have posted.

As far as food goes, have you been eating anything new lately? While greasy foods, etc have never been tied to acne...that isn't to say certain chemicals in the food we eat won't cause breakouts (iodine in seafood as been known to cause acne in people). You might want to talk to an allergist.

The past few weeks i have started to get realy bad acne on my back and front but not on my face. I have never had a problem with acne before not even as a teenager i am now 39. I have also started to get bad headaches and not sleeping to good anyone got any ideas to what it is. I eat good food and only drink once a week i go to the gym 4 times a week

look like "staphylococcus epidermidis "

go and see dermatology and they make a culture !!

Both the headaches and the acne could be due to lack of sleep. The question is, why are you not sleeping well? Any particular stress? It is also possible that what you call acne is actually eczema, which is also often due to stress.

Without knowing the cause of the stress I can't give any particular advise on that. But I would suggest that you get a complete physical, mentioning the headaches and insomnia, and while at it you can get the acne looked at and cultured if necesary, and treated.