Balance on my bank account

GuyDow

I need to ask my bank for a letter confirming the balance on my account. This is part of the documentation I need to extend my visa. Most of it I can handle except the Thai words for "balance" and "confirm" in this particular context.

Any suggestions ?

@MJCM was quicker to find my example letter than me clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Its a real thing that I got last September.

The checkmark is for a "fixed deposit".

Bangkok Bank definitely has a (word?) template for it.

If you insist, I can read the title and give you the wording.

But indeed many bank clerks will know what you need when you ask for "bank letter for visa".

Just to make sure it does not get lost, I upload it to the forum (the image hoster I used is not too serious).

post-99794-0-93662300-1449563826_thumb.j

Title of the document.in Thai:

หนังสือรับรองยอดเงินฝาก (nangsue raprong yotngoen fak)

Something like: letter confirming bank deposit.

What thai-language.com says:

nangsue raprong = vouching documents; testimonal; letters of reference and recommendation

yotngoen = the grand total; the balance

fak = to deposit; leave; entrust (something); consign

A little feedback.

The bank manager had difficulty in understanding what I wanted until I said the magic incantation (nangsue raprong yotngoen fak). Then his eyes lit up and he scuttled off to get the correct form.

FYI, in my local branch of SCB you fill in a form and they then type your details into a standard letter, print it out with a statement for the last six months and charge you B200 for the service. A bargain compared to what the British Embassy charge for one of their income letters. Once things got rolling it was all done in 15 minutes.

Thanks once again for the correct name for the document I needed. It definitely smoothed the way.

• 8 months later...

FYI

I got a bank letter from Bangkok Bank this week and it has a completely different layout/format.

(they seem to have upgraded the whole IT stuff at least at our branch)

Title of the document is unchanged compared to post #4.

But as far as I can see there is no more specific addressee (Immigration commissioner or the like).

Looks completely generic.

Was accepted at Khon Kaen (fixed deposit account).

bangkokbankletter2016.jpg

Can't gaurentee anything, but most immigration offices will normally accept any account in the foriegner's name as long as the funds can be withdrawn immediately with no time required to wait to make that withdrawal.

It isn't a hard and fast requirement but if you can show a monthly deposit made into the account and shown in your bankbook by a pattern of monthly deposits thry are more likely to agree.

Archived