Poster of the Year Nominations -- Start Nominating

Fabricus

There's a parallel thread running right now in which the logistics of the POTY are debated.

Let's move forward; let's begin nominating. Let's accepts that the "mechanics" of the contest will be resolved sooner rather than later by the moderati.

I wish to nominate:

1. The PG Graham guy. I may have his username wrong. He strikes me as a good guy. He appears to have done quite well for himself here in Thailand. From time to time he mentions his wife, but he's never pretentious or tedious. I think he's very good.

2. Transam. What would this forum be without the erstwhile Mr V8. He's as solid as a rock and as reliable as a well-tuned V8 engine.

3. The Illustrious Mae JoMTB. Mr MTB is a solid contender with an enviable forum history. His contributions represent a skillful blend of hard-earned experience and playful cynicism.

4. Mr Cypress Hill. Mr Cypress Hill is indeed a man whose soul has been hardened. His strong, muscular posts resonate both here and in the General Topics section; he is not a man to be taken lightly!

===

Over to you.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh hooray..(someone finally kicked the ball)

PGrahm (spellcheck),

Yes others spring to mind including the OP and his suggestions, but I will stick to PG for now.

Edit.. I will throw Gecko123 into the mix. Accurate and articulate.

Edited by sipi

Oh hooray..(someone finally kicked the ball)

PGrahm (spellcheck),

Yes others spring to mind including the OP and his suggestions, but I will stick to PG for now.

I think this PG chap is a breath of fresh air. He strikes me as very balanced.

Let's not forget Mr Soi Eastwood (sometimes rather crudely referred to as Street Cowboy).

He's good -- but is he good enough? Does he have what it takes to go the distance?

IMO, the sun is sinking fast on the days when Mr Eastwood and his noble Caledonian brethren were major contributors to this forum.

In a similar vein, the vivacious Mr Tobacconist appears now to be a mere shadow of his former self. But might I be wrong? Could this be the year when Mr Smokie finally makes it to the upper slopes of Mount Olympus?

Let's not forget Mr Soi Eastwood (sometimes rather crudely referred to as Street Cowboy).
He's good -- but is he good enough? Does he have what it takes to go the distance?
IMO, the sun is sinking fast on the days when Mr Eastwood and his noble Caledonian brethren were major contributors to this forum.
In a similar vein, the vivacious Mr Tobacconist appears now to be a mere shadow of his former self. But might I be wrong? Could this be the year when Mr Smokie finally makes it to the upper slopes of Mount Olympus?

Are you ruling yourself out, or can I nominate you?

So where are we at?

Do we declare PG the winner just yet?

We're waiting for Charlie and other moderati to formalize our list of contenders.

Let me suggest some more:

Cray Chef. I don't know much about this guy. Sure he's a solid threadsman, but does he have the quality, experience and resilience to win? Put it another way, if he were one of the 300 Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae, would the Persians really have respected or feared him? I'm not so sure. Think twice before voting for Crazy Chef!

Mr JingThing. This forum legend needs no introduction. But has he really lived up to his title -- Poster of the Year, 2014? Has he really been the sort of ambassador this forum needs or wants? I know of many many wise souls who've expressed grave doubts about his abilities. Indeed, word out on the street is that Mr JingThing may now be a spent force. Vote with care!!

Oh, and Canarysun for being the most cheerful poster on the forum.

Totally agree. That guy was very good.

He took a heap of CRUD from the forum losers (most of whom are now gone), but he only ever struck me as positive and contented.

As per Mr SoiBiker's suggestion, I wholeheartedly nominate CANARYSUN.

I guess we can just give 'Most Helpful' to UbonJoe now.

That would probably come under 'not allowed to discuss moderation'

But I agree with you.

I'd nominate you, short and to the point, you say a lot with a few words.

Less of the short - I'm 5'9" you know!

But thanks...