Fast track options

jonnyscot

Ok I know many of us (especially with our companies now on cost cutting exercises), don't get the luxury of travelling business class and the perks (fast track) that usually go with it,, but I'd like to report a good experience I had that I've used on three of the last four home leave visits returning from offshore,, BFS or Bangkok premium flight services offers the option of fast tracking at immigration on arrival, meeting you at the arrivals gate and assisting you through the fast track immigration gate, collecting the luggage and taking it out to meet your family or your taxi whichever mode of transport you choose,, unfortunately I couldn't use it on my last return as it must be booked 24 hours or more in advance, which resulted in me having an hour plus wait at immigration, in my opinion in instances such as this it's well worth the 850 baht charge,

Great tip thanks for that. Funny thing was me and a mate had both paid off together last swing and he always uses fast track. I got to the arrivals hall and it was seriously chock a block despite that I still beat him to the baggage carousel, so I think many are on to the fast track rort.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I arrived from work on xmas eve late afternoon, only a couple dozen people at the time in the immigration queue, however I had anticipated it being busy and decided on using them once again, guided me through the same line as used for elite visas (which I hadn't noticed before), but at least it gives peace of mind in avoiding the big queues

Yep, I arrived from work on xmas eve late afternoon, only a couple dozen people at the time in the immigration queue, however I had anticipated it being busy and decided on using them once again, guided me through the same line as used for elite visas (which I hadn't noticed before), but at least it gives peace of mind in avoiding the big queues

exactly the same what happened to me in the early evening hrs of the 28th of Dec.

I remembered the huge mess of a few thousands people (90% of them Russians and CHI mainlanders), when the crowd spilled out to the duty free area and it took me 105 Minutes to get through IMMI. As I always carry a lot of luggage (those many sliced cheese packs can be heavy, I tell you ^^ ) when returning from my yearly XMas holiday in my home country, I was not eager to experience the same again after 16 hrs in the Air.

I was even considering to upgrade my KUL-BKK connecting flight to business class, which I could have probably done for 75-100$, using MH's auction upgrade option, but then I found out about the VIP ARRIVAL SERVICE offered by bangkokflightservices.com (subsidiary of BKK Airways, btw).

I was met by a young lady at the gate after arrival, and led straight to the PREMIUM LANE. not even the regular premium lane I have used on several occasions, but even a premium-premium lane (on the right hand side). I was through within 5 Minutes and felt it was worth the extra money (particularly I had a new Visa stamped in my passport and assumed as a "Premium"-traveler it would not be questioned in any way).

The regular Immi-queue was less busy as I had anticipated but this is a hit-and-miss thing and I am pretty sure I will use the same service next year

Archived