Good News From The Topman

what next?

hi members, anybody agree....

... getting weary of all the negative posts about the (less)uncertain future here in LOS.

I'm the first to admit the last few months have produced some riveting threads,

spoiled only by the I'm- alright- jack- smarmy- posts (You know who you are :o )

okay. lets try this :D see if we can handle something to smile about :D

Extract from today’s (10th Oct) Bangkok Post

front page

KING: TAKE COURAGE

His Majesty the King yesterday called on the interim cabinet to give priority to correcting the international community's perception of Thailand following the Sept 19 coup d'etat.

The King made the call while addressing the 26 new ministers, led by Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont, who were sworn in at the Chitrlada Palace yesterday afternoon.

"A lot of people who are not Thai, who are foreigners, are saying that Thailand is not good. We have to try to change that," the King said, without directly mentioning the events of Sept 19.

"If we don't, our country will lose its good name and it will be difficult for our people to live happily. If they say Thai people are not good, it is not only the government but all Thais who will be considered 'not good'.

"Therefore, we have to try and change what is not good, to improve matters. And that is difficult," the King said.

"I wish you courage in your work so that you can overcome obstacles," he added. Etc etcetc…………………

Now most people in Thailand do as he says. Correct?

IMHO I don’t think even the most professional Thailand bashers can find any gloom or doom in this report.