Smith & Wesson gunmaker triples profits

webfact

Smith & Wesson triples profits in three months to October

(BBC)One of the world's most famous gun-makers, Smith & Wesson, has nearly tripled its profits in three months to October compared to a year earlier.

The firm said its net income was $14.2m (£9.46m), for the period compared to $5.2m, for the same quarter last year.

The US gun maker also said net sales were up 32.1% to $143.2m, with its firearms division contributing $18.4m - an increase of 24.6%.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35047899

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-12-09

would the "right to bear arms" in the USA extend to owning a small nuclear weapon or a rocket propelled grenade.

It seems reasonable since every lunatic now has an Armalite, so the reasonable majority should have the advantage, according to the founding fathers

Hopefully there will be a Smith & Wesson press release soon detailing how their increased sales have led to a huge fall in American gun deaths this last year too.

Get real.

How many times have you heard about a law abiding citizen with a gun stopping a mass shooting or even a crime?

It is just an amosexual's fantasy.

It rarely, if ever happens.

The more guns that are in circulation, the more accidental shootings there are...

That equates to more shooting deaths in addidion to those killed by criminals and wackos.

The NRA and gun manufactures love mass shootings in America.

Their sales increase with every inccident.

Hopefully there will be a Smith & Wesson press release soon detailing how their increased sales have led to a huge fall in American gun deaths this last year too.

I suppose they will. After Ford, G.M.C, and Toyota announce how many deaths there products were involved in to.

would the "right to bear arms" in the USA extend to owning a small nuclear weapon or a rocket propelled grenade.

It seems reasonable since every lunatic now has an Armalite, so the reasonable majority should have the advantage, according to the founding fathers

That is why we arm,to protect our selfs from those lunatics

19 April, 2015 Uber driver Shoots Gunman who is shooting into Crowd in Chicago

May 16, 2014
Armed with two handguns, a man entered the Cache Valley Hospital emergency room and began making demands. After demanding to see a doctor, he racked the slide on one of his handguns and told hospital employees “someone is going to die today”. While a security guard tried to keep the gunman’s focus on him, two corrections officers who happened to be at the hospital on an unrelated matter engaged from another direction. The gunman was shot three times and no other people were harmed.

April 30, 2014
An irate former employee came to a construction site and opened fire on his co-workers. The site’s foreman, a Concealed Handgun License holder, drew his firearm and opened fire. Both men were wounded in the exchange of gunfire but the foreman’s actions ended the attack and no one else was wounded.

January 11, 2014
After being refused entry to the strip club for belligerent behavior and racist comments earlir in the night, Thomas Elliott Hjelmeland returned carrying a handgun and wearing a Halloween mask. As soon as he entered the club, Hjelmeland opened fire, striking bouncer Brian Rizzo, a patron, and a waitress. Another bouncer, Jonathan Baer drew his concealed handgun and shot Hjelmeland, killing him.

Following the attack Baer posted to Facebook: “I did what I felt was right to stop the shooter…I carry every day, and will continue to, and will so with the hope that I will NEVER have to pull it out again.”

Dec. 11, 2012
Two people were killed and a third was seriously wounded at Clackamas Town Center near Portland, Oregon when a rifle-toting gunman opened fire in in the busy food court. Nick Meli, a shopper in the mall, drew a personally owned firearm on the gunman, who immediately retreated to a service corridor and killed himself. Meli did not fire his weapon for fear of striking bystanders yet authorities say his actions caused the gunman to cease his attack and end his own life.

31 May, 2015 Conyers Georgia Magnet Bottle Shop Shooting

The active shooter came into the shop with pistol drawn and immediately started fireing. He killed two people before Todd Scott drew his openly carried pistol, a .40 caliber Smith & Wesson, and returned fire. The active shooter exited the store, and returned to his parents home, where he wounded both of them. The police arrived, and the active shooter was killed. Sheriff Eric Levett called Todd scott a hero who saved lives.

Get real.

How many times have you heard about a law abiding citizen with a gun stopping a mass shooting or even a crime?

It is just an amosexual's fantasy.

It rarely, if ever happens.

The more guns that are in circulation, the more accidental shootings there are...

That equates to more shooting deaths in addidion to those killed by criminals and wackos.

The NRA and gun manufactures love mass shootings in America.

Their sales increase with every inccident.

22 March, 2015 Los Altos Skate Park Shooting

The mass shooting took place on 22 March, 2015. It took a while for the police to figure out what happened from cell phone video, but apparently a criminal gang attempted to steal a skateboard, then opened up on the mass of skate boarders when they attempted to retrieve the stolen item. At least three people were shooting illegally, hitting six innocents, paralyzing one, until a legal handgun carrier was able to fire back, killing one of the aggressors, 17 year old Jaquise Lewis. That stopped the attack

thousands more

Good for S&W. I've owned 3. One was my grandfather's. I did the historical research on it. Built in the late 1800's, but have lost all the paperwork over time and my ex-wife stole it as she knew how much I valued it. I had restored it when still a young teen. My next was a Mod. 19 .357 that was my service revolver for some time. Traded it for a Mod. 586 blued stainless .357 which was also my service revolver. All great weapons, in fact I killed an Elk with Mod. 19. One shot, one kill. Oh, the Armalite was better than the piece of crap M-16 and later came out with a model in .308 i.e. 7.62. And, screw the anti-gun babies.

That is why we arm,to protect our selfs from those lunatics

I thought that was a Policemans Job.....not yours.